Project Construction Zone (New Surface Base Editor)

ewan

Blind-folded Pilot
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Thanks for testing everyone. I did some unexpected traveling this past week so I was unable to work, but i'm back on the job.

ewan

Blind-folded Pilot
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Almost done

As if now, I am happy to say that ALL core programming work is completed. I wrote over 300,000 lines of code and after intense review, reduced it to 130,000 lines of code. Maybe that's a little bit to some of you hardcore programmers, but it sure was a lot for me. All that's left to do is the GUI and that's going to be no picnic. Don't give up on me just yet because I'm almost finished.

ewan

Blind-folded Pilot
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Still working. I've currently created and completed about 13 dialogs.

Graham2001

Reaction score
I'd be interested in joining the Beta testing when the software is ready.

ewan

Blind-folded Pilot
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
@Graham2001
Sure. I'll invite you to the group after I finish typing this. The group is how I know who to contact when I'm ready.

@Everyone
I had originally planned to split the "Object Browser" for the surface base wizard into to seperate components, but it's giving me too much grief so I redesigned it. It now resembles a complex version of the photoshop layers dialog. That way, implementing a lot of management functions (ex. renaming, grouping) will be a piece of cake. It's just taking a LONG TIME.

I also would like to note that I'm doing some mandatory traveling on July 22 and I'll be away for 10 days. I need to buy a laptop so that things like this don't happen. Sorry.

ewan

Blind-folded Pilot
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Sorry for the hold up. I've been dealing with quite a lot these past couple of weeks and I didn't have much time to do anything. Furthermore, I'm back in school, but it's my senior year so I won't have much work. Anyway, I've been designing a schedule to keep me on track with this project. I'll post it when it completely finished, but I just want to make everyone aware that every weekend, I'll be submitting a new version of the the program.

Once again, I apologize for the hold up.

ewan

Blind-folded Pilot
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Schedule

Here are the upcoming 3 major dates. I have to pace myself now that I have a little less time to dedicate to this project.

September 5, 2009 - Setup Complete
September 12, 2009 - Object Explorer Complete
September 19, 2009 - Graphical Viewport Complete

There's a good chance I'll finish some of this stuff early. In that case I'll change the upcoming dates accordingly.

ewan

Blind-folded Pilot
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Core

IO = 100% complete
Math = 50% complete

GUI

Setup = 100% complete
Dialogs = 20% complete
Object Explorer = 30% complete
Calculator = 10% complete
Organizer = 50% complete
Packager = 10% complete
Archiver = 30% complete
graph = don't even get me started (I mean that in a bad way)

this is what I have so far.

ewan

Blind-folded Pilot
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Yes!!

YESSS!!! 2D GRAPH IS AT 95% COMPLETION. I've been experimenting with so many different formulas and programming loops for the last 2 weeks and I'm so happy that it's almost finished. It took me so long because there was a whole lot of unnecessary looping that made the program slow; I was trying to figure out how to make it faster. Anyway, the last thing that I need to do is complete the "Object Explorer" and then the first OFFICIAL alpha can begin.

:speakcool::speakcool::speakcool::speakcool::speakcool:

ewan

Blind-folded Pilot
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
It's been a while since I last posted. Because of some performance issues, I had to restructure a great deal of the internal works of the program. Right now, I learning how to work with mesh files.