SDK Question Compiling DG SDK sample--could it be why DG got broken?

Pithecanthropu

Reaction score
Unfortunately I can't undo what I did, because I uninstalled that copy of Orbiter. But I can at least recount what I did. Using a reasonably fresh working copy of Orbiter, I opened up the Delta Glider sample project--the DWS file--that comes in OrbiterSDK Samples. This was using VC++ 2008, version info as follows:

Microsoft Visual Studio 2008
Version 9.0.30729.1 SP
Microsoft .NET Framework
Version 3.5 SP1

Installed Edition: Professional

My overall intention was to see if the second time around I could get a sample project to compile without the pain and trouble I had the first time--and I succeeded, or so it seemed. The weaker grasshopper gains strength faster. Go me. However, then the DG samples that came with the product wouldn't work, but crashed with an error message in Orbiter.log saying that vessel.cpp couldn't be loaded. So, I thought it must be something I'd done. But, I thought I would have to attach my DLL to an Orbiter process (or vice versa) in order to run my DLL. If that's true, then how could I have broken the Delta Glider?

In the course of getting this thing to compile, I had to:
[/list]

[1]First allow Visual Studio to update the project to my version of VS
[2]Change all references to strcmp to _strncmp.
[3]Add orbiterSDK\include to compile input directories using relative path, and orbiterSDK\lib to link input directories
[5]Ditto my Windows SDK
[6]Change the output path to .... I don't remember for sure!
[/list]

I had to do this for both DeltaGliderConfigurator and DeltaGllider to get everything to build and compile.

But then I started getting the error.

TSPenguin

The Seeker
Reaction score
You did not ignore the neccessary libs. Check the free compiler setup in the wiki.
Using that as a guide works for VS 2008 for me flawless.

Pithecanthropu

Reaction score
You did not ignore the neccessary libs. Check the free compiler setup in the wiki.
Using that as a guide works for VS 2008 for me flawless.
I did ignore MSVCIRT and MSVCRT, if you meant those two...I forgot to mention that. Without doing that, I can't get it to build. The compile and build do work; this happens at runtime.