Idea Cargo bay for DG/DGS?

stealthstar

Reaction score
I'm curious as to if anyone developed or is planning on developing an addon for DG/DGS that allows for a cargo bay door. Wouldn't be all that big based on the size of DG/DGS but it could be used for small satellites or a small fleet of cube sat deployment.Has anyone tried something like that?

Last edited:

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Interesting. But I think you would would have to remodel and code the DG. I have been working on the Venture Star series. That could do all that.

stealthstar

Reaction score
Cool, it looks like the DG/DGS already has a bay door of sorts already rendered into it. Its just not functional:

DGS bay doors.jpg

stealthstar

Reaction score
DanSteph's DeltaGlider-IV has a small cargo bay on its rear, however if you're using Orbiter 2016, this addon would not work

Interesting. I may give it a try. I'll probably have to get it on my old PC since it still has 2010. Any tricks that might help it work for 2016? Been doing all I can so I'm not relying on such an old PC. What exactly could cause an addon to not work with a newer version of Orbiter anyway? I notice the Arrow freighter doesn't seem to work anymore on 2016 but works flawlessly on 2010.

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
No need to use an old PC. Orbiter 2010 should work fine, or at least it does on my machine. I'm running Win10.

As far as the DGIV goes, Dan (same guy who made the Arrow freighter) also made the DGIV. Why it's not updated is expressly up to him. If you can read French, there's discussion on his site.

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Just cut the doors and make a bay. The DG is available in sc3/4 So it wouldn't be too much to add cargo bay animation.

vGjwj4i.jpg

Last edited:

dgatsoulis

ele2png user
Donator
Reaction score
DanSteph's DeltaGlider-IV has a small cargo bay on its rear, however if you're using Orbiter 2016, this addon would not work

Did you actually try it? The DGIV works just fine in Orbiter2016.

mQKzEy.jpg

vIu2ge.jpg

The thing that doesn't work is UMmu - when you are landed or when you switch to first person view. You can have UMmus in space, as long as you are using an external camera.

c2Uib6.jpg

Gargantua2024

The Desktop Orbinaut
Reaction score
Did you actually try it? The DGIV works just fine in Orbiter2016.

mQKzEy.jpg

vIu2ge.jpg

The thing that doesn't work is UMmu - when you are landed or when you switch to first person view. You can have UMmus in space, as long as you are using an external camera.

c2Uib6.jpg

That's what I meant, thanks :) :)

Speaking of UMmu, yeah too bad it's still unavailable for O2016. Orbiter looks more alive when there's people in it

Only BrianJ's "HST_Ex for 2016" and gattispilot's "ShuttleFleet 2016" had people flying in O2016

Last edited:

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Yes I know there was someone working on a replacement for UMMU for 2016. I have tried a couple of ways. For me if you used GF then a Ummu mesh it kinda works. But getting the guy where you want like in the airlock I couldn't get.

But does the DGIV have a useable cargo space.