General Question Can't get Spacecraft3

Reaction score
I tried to download Vinka's SC3 and it doesn't seem to load. When I click on it, the web showed "This webpage is not available" So, is there any other way to get this one of the keystone addon?

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire

Face

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Reaction score
I see. Thanks.
Edit:
Wait, from what I read this "Generic Vessel" can be undone with SC3. So is it suppose to be a replacement of SC3 or not?

Last edited:

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Wait, from what I read this "Generic Vessel" can be undone with SC3. So is it suppose to be a replacement of SC3 or not?
GenericVessel is, at the moment, an open-source replacement of spacecraft3.dll
It's not perfect, but it can run most SC3 add-ons when put in place of spacecraft3.dll.

Reaction score
So...how do I replace the SC3? I hope it's not too tedious.

Or, if it is better at the moment where GV is still in development, a link to just SC3.

Last edited:

Mandella

Space Cultist
Donator
Reaction score
So...how do I replace the SC3? I hope it's not too tedious.

Or, if it is better at the moment where GV is still in development, a link to just SC3.

I think you just load it in like any mod. You don't have to make any other changes if I remember correctly.

However, if you really really want to stay with the old stuff -- check your PMs.

Michael_Chr

Reaction score
Without the intention of hi-jacking this thread... But for Face and Artlav. Reading through the Genericvessel bitbucket wiki - It seems that GenericVessel natively support UMMU if the [UMMU]section is specified correctly in the ini file. Is that the case ?

Face

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Without the intention of hi-jacking this thread... But for Face and Artlav. Reading through the Genericvessel bitbucket wiki - It seems that GenericVessel natively support UMMU if the [UMMU]section is specified correctly in the ini file. Is that the case ?

Since Artlav forked the project some time ago, I can't really speak for his version of the code, but the last version in my repo indeed initialized UMMU: https://bitbucket.org/face/genericv...el/vessel/GenericVessel.cpp?at=default#cl-342

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Hm, the thing that is missing there is a link to the GenericVessel's own documentation:
http://www.thespaceway.org/files/genericvessel.pdf

Which describes all the config/setup stuff, ini file parameters, features and limitations (or lack of thereof).
For my dialect of it, at least.

And yes, there is indeed a UMMU support.
Don't remember off the top of my head what else is new.

Michael_Chr

Reaction score
Copy all...Both to Artlav and Face. I'm having a small project comming on and I was going to use SC3 as the orbiter interface. But there are some issues with it - with respect to what I want to do...So I think I will try to use genericvessel. What is the right channel/forum if I have questions during the proces?

Face

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
SC3 was never finished by Vinka, so it has some limitaions. GV fixes some of the limitations, but doesn't do all SC3 does, such as, you can't start one animation, then switch to another animation, while the former continues to run. GV plays nicely with Dx9 client. Also, GV allows for unlimited attachments, SC3 is limited to 14 (yes, I have addons that need more). I have also found that SC3 has problems with scaling, and translation animations, in the same animation sequence. GV doesn't seem to have any problems. I hoping, Artlav might put in the option of a second robotic arm in GV:shifty:

Face

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
I hoping, Artlav might put in the option of a second robotic arm in GV:shifty:

Everybody is invited to put that functionality in. That is the main purpose of this replacement project: making it open-source, so the same mistake as with SC3 won't happen again. There is no single person that you have to beg to put something in.

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
I'm not begging, just asking. Would be great, having an astronaut with 2 arms with attachments. I wish I could do it myself, but never had the time to learn modeling and coding. If anyone is willing to do it, that would be awesome.

Ceman

Reaction score
download seems to be locked :( would really like to use the 'genericvessel' if someone could let me know a link to dl tried the above ones. no dice