Request Calculator MFD

Matt00

Reaction score
After flipping from Orbiter and my Windows calculator for the 110,457,210 th time I wondered why nobody has made a calculator MFD. I checked Orbit Hangar and nothing over there. Would anybody be interested in making one. Alt-Tab'ing back and forth is getting kind of old. I have to Alt-Tab because Orbiter doesn't like to have applications in the same window. I don't know why but it will stop responding to keystrokes so I have to have a folder open and tab from Orbiter to the folder and then to the calculator. It would be really nice to have a MFD that I can do calculations on.

GLS

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
A MFD is probably not the best idea (the input would be awkward), but a "tool window" like the Scenario Editor could work...

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
I agree with GLS, a tool window would be the better choice for this. The MFD user interface isn't really made for entering such data.

n72.75

Move slow and try not to break too much.
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
mwhume.space
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
Interesting idea, although in 2020, I do use my phone a fair bit as a calculator.

If someone decides to make it, just make sure it does RPN.

MaxBuzz

Reaction score
Apparently I'm not playing correctly

C3PO

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
If someone decides to make it, just make sure it does RPN.
(y)
Does Equation MFD still work?
eqimg.jpg

IIRC it does basic arithmetic too. A bit "clunky" but powerful tool.

GLS

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
FYI, as of this morning I have a calculator tool in the works.
I'm not willing to spend too much time on this as I have tons and tons of work to do in SSV, but an initial version with the 4 basic operations should be ready soon.

GLS

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
FYI, as of this morning I have a calculator tool in the works.
I'm not willing to spend too much time on this as I have tons and tons of work to do in SSV, but an initial version with the 4 basic operations should be ready soon.
... and initial product should show up in OH once it is moderated.

Matt00

Reaction score
A MFD is probably not the best idea (the input would be awkward), but a "tool window" like the Scenario Editor could work...
That could work. Do you know of anyone who can program and is itching for something to do. :LOL:

Krishnan

I believe, my friends, caravans of rockets
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Him
After flipping from Orbiter and my Windows calculator for the 110,457,210 th time I wondered why nobody has made a calculator MFD. I checked Orbit Hangar and nothing over there. Would anybody be interested in making one. Alt-Tab'ing back and forth is getting kind of old. I have to Alt-Tab because Orbiter doesn't like to have applications in the same window. I don't know why but it will stop responding to keystrokes so I have to have a folder open and tab from Orbiter to the folder and then to the calculator. It would be really nice to have a MFD that I can do calculations on.
If I recall from my trip during the summer where I basically downloaded every single MFD from Orbit Hangar, there was a calculator utility that can be accessed in-game like scenario editer that looked similar to the windows xp calculator. I don't recall the name, but it had the Windows XP Olive theme on it.