'By popular demand...' OrbiClock!

SpaceNut

Reaction score
Ok, everyone was commenting that it would be neat to have an actual 'hangable' clock as opposed to one that you can orbit, so I did some modifications, and this one doesn't fly, but stands on the ground. You can place it with a scenario editor, and then adjust the Z value of the landing points in the INI to get the clock up in the air, and say, against a building. It's a bit difficult to set the time, but it can be done a couple of different ways (see the docs).

Hope everyone enjoys having a real, working analog clock in Orbiter (for free of course... but hey.. I SELL these clocks in Second Life...lol).

It's alot of fun to point your camera at it and accelerate time to 10x or 100x and watch the time go by high speed :)

http://homepages.roadrunner.com/johanlaurasia/OrbiClock.zip

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Could you make that a digital one, and and place it at the cape ? ;)

SpaceNut

Reaction score
The clock is going to be showing 12:00 when a scenario is started, there are a couple of different ways the time could be set, but I'm just using the animation feature of spacecraf3.dll to make it work. It does keep proper time, but setting it is an issue I haven't fully worked out.

Eagle

The Amazing Flying Tuna Can
Reaction score
An easy fix to be able to set the clock is to allow for it to run about 60x (or whatever is appropriate) when you press a key. Spacecraft3 accepts g,k, and the shift+NUMs.

You may need copy and modify animation sequences and components, but its possible to do it by just copying and modifying an animation component.

SpaceNut

Reaction score
An easy fix to be able to set the clock is to allow for it to run about 60x (or whatever is appropriate) when you press a key. Spacecraft3 accepts g,k, and the shift+NUMs.

You may need copy and modify animation sequences and components, but its possible to do it by just copying and modifying an animation component.

Yes, the keys are left shift +0 and 1 for the hour and minute hands.

jclock3.jpg
I used the scenario editor to change the position/rotation to place it up against the wall at the VAB, and used the landing points to raise it up in the air. A working analog clock at KSC :)

-----Posted Added-----

Could you make that a digital one, and and place it at the cape ? ;)
hmm, maybe...

-----Posted Added-----

I figured out a fairly easy way to set the time on the clock. Stop the animations with Left Shift + 0 and Left Shift + 1, then accelerate the time to where the clock is set, then back at normal time, restart the animations again with Left Shift + 0 and Left Shift + 1. :) Version two coming soon with improved meshes :)

jclock4.jpg
Now working on improving the meshes, made 'real' clock hands instead of cylinders, rounded off the clock a bit more. Note in this image the clock match UT pictured in the upper right. I stopped the hands with LShift+0/LShift+1, then time accelerated until the time matched clock hands, then restarted the animations. Getting there!

Last edited:

HiPotOk1978

ReFuel L.L.C CEO
Addon Developer
Reaction score
as far as setting the time, just grab a turbopack and grab em and drag em into place