Request Blue Shuttle Skin

Graham2001

Reaction score
I found the following description of a 'Blue Shuttle' in a 1980's technothriller called 'Alpha Bug' by M. E. Morris, which I thought might make an interesting companion to the 'Moonraker' inspired Marine Corps markings.

The shuttle is named 'Valley Forge' and the markings are described as follows:

...several thought-provoking differences in the exterior appearance of the military shuttle. The first was the replacement of the impressive NASA on the right wing with the smaller almost sinister USAF logo. The second was the absence of the familiar UNITED STATES block letters along the lower side of the fuselage and the substitution of UNITED STATES SPACE COMMAND. Forward of the bold designation, instead of the stars and stripes was the red, white and blue starred insignia of the US air and space forces.
Alpha Bug, M.E. Morris, Grafton 1988, pg 272 - 273

Graham2001

Reaction score
Not a blue shuttle, but a possible alternate skin for Discovery in the next version of the Shuttle fleet, the same novel also has a nameless version of OV-105 providing an alternate skin for Endeavour.

Star Voyager

Space Shuttle Refugee
Reaction score
I found the following description of a 'Blue Shuttle' in a 1980's technothriller called 'Alpha Bug' by M. E. Morris, which I thought might make an interesting companion to the 'Moonraker' inspired Marine Corps markings.

The shuttle is named 'Valley Forge' and the markings are described as follows:

Alpha Bug, M.E. Morris, Grafton 1988, pg 272 - 273

Nice! I don't have the tools, but I could probably do it in December because that's when I get my computer. Besides, there are a lot more skilled people than me :)!