Project Blender 2.63 + to Orbiter import/export addon

llarian

Reaction score
The Blender Python API documentation has been recently updated and released (API reference for Blender 2.80.57 bcefceb20058, built 2019-04-15). Still going through it myself. It is available online, of course, but is also available as zipped html files ( https://docs.blender.org/api/blender2.8/blender_python_reference_2_80_57.zip ).

Thanks for getting back to the community with an update of your efforts.

vlad32768

Reaction score
Yes, those are supported. The current d3d9Client is PBR based.

So, the plugin can import models into Blender 2.8 EEVEE now. Tested with standard DG, Atlantis and ProjectAlphaISS meshes. Renders are quite nice.

I suppose everybody use d3d9client now, so I should create a standard node setup for its PBR based material. It will be used by an addon developer in the future.

I need a model created for d3d9client with the most advanced materials. Can anybody suggest an addon?

Abloheet

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Please excuse my ignorance. Which is the latest version of blender supported by the import-export plugin?

llarian

Reaction score
I believe the one posted works up to Blender 2.79. The sticking point was 2.80 (Blender made some major changes. Probably should have gone to Blender 3.0). Vlad32768 seems to be making major progess with his update to having it work with 2.80.

Blake

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
There is a new Blender Orbiter Export addon that works with Blender 2.8+
https://github.com/BMCDad/orbiter-blender

It is an update of my plugin here: Orbiter Tools Plugin

As there is no conversion from older Blender files, or even the ability to import, I'm not sure how useful it is yet. I am working on importing mesh files as I have time over the holiday break, and if I can get that working I'll put up an official announcement.

Note:
This plugin does not function as an exporter, so works a bit differently from the plugin in this thread, which is why I created a separate plugin (the more the merrier).

Abloheet

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
@vlad32768, sorry for bothering you, but any status updates for the import export plugin you were making for blender 2.8?

In your last request for an add-on which supports advanced materials of D3D9, how about this add-on?

HST-EX for Orbiter 2016

[ame]https://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=7233[/ame]

Last edited:

Observation

Reaction score
Hi, I'm working on a Starship model and, you know... it's shiny. But I can't get the reflections right (using D3D9). I wrote a little tool for inverting normals (which were sometimes a bit messed up by blender) but that didn't help for reflections. They are upside down, or are distorted on irregular surfaces, or both.

IRbhMlp.png

IRbi2An.png

IRbiguh.png

Any idea what I might be doing wrong ??