OHM Babylon 5 Thunderbolt

OrbitHangar

Addon Comments
Reaction score

Author: stevcast

Babylon 5 ThunderBolt  

Mesh and textures compiled by bcelestia at Celestial Motherlode.

Animations and mesh fix done by Jacquesmomo

Press NUM PAD "-" for weapon.

Press "G" for engine chines.

Compatible SDKs: Spacecraft 3

Thank you very much Jacques.

stevcast and son, Jacquesmomo

DOWNLOAD

Luke Reichelt

Reaction score
I seriously hope that the guy who's been downrating your add-ons recently is just a troll.

stevcast

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I seriously hope that the guy who's been downrating your add-ons recently is just a troll.

Luke, doesn't matter because I think I know who it is. It is a actually comical to think I would get upset over something like that :lol:. Just goes to show, there are small people in cyberspace, just like in the real world. What is real interesting is when the real world invades the cyber world!!! That is when the fireworks begin. Just remember, "don't set sail for the sun".

Stevcast :thumbup:

Last edited:

PennyBlack

Altea Development Team
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
pennyblack.yolasite.com

It may be a case of somebody not useing the voteing system correctly.

I've run searches for voteing guidelines on OHM, I recall reading a thread/post on how to form your vote based on several aspects such as userbility, realism, construction, everything that should be considered to help the person make a constructive decision before thier vote. But as uploaders, we can only hope that work is guaged and voted upon properly.
I think OHM should have a side link with guidance on the voteing system.

But we all must accept, that any system can be used/abused by another for personal/improper use.

Loru

Retired Staff Member
Retired Staff
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
That's why I'd rather look at comments of an add-on rather than DG rating.

Regarding an add-on: I think textures need improvement.

stevcast

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
That's why I'd rather look at comments of an add-on rather than DG rating.

Regarding an add-on: I think textures need improvement.

I have always invited constructive criticism. It is the only way to improve upon what I am doing. However, cyber-anonymity has a very peculiar way of turning cowards brave, and relatively intelligent, caring individuals into bullies. I can assure you, that if this were the "real world", and things had to be said face to face, it would be totally different. The cowards would still be cowards, and the relatively intelligent, caring individuals would be kept in check by hard, cold face to face reality.
Getting feedback on what you do is great when it is done in a positive, constructive manner. But I have seen a couple instances of blatant disregard for a person's feelings, and or creative potential. One case that comes to mind was a while back, where a young man (who I am sure was all excited about Orbiter), decided to upload an add on. The comments that he received were shocking to say the least (luckily the administrators stepped in and put a stop to the slaughter). I couldn't believe that grown men would treat a young boy the way this individual was treated. I can't even remember his "handle", or if he is still active in Orbiter, but if he is not here any more, I can understand why.
Everybody here at Orbiter brings something unique and personal to the table. Not everybody has the expertise to create an AMSO, an XR2, or a Tin Tin , but I am very grateful to those individuals for their great work, and for adding so much realism to the Orbiter experience, but that doesn't mean I don't appreciate the efforts of all of the other individuals who are trying.
Like my work, download it and use it...great. If you don't like it, don't download it, and don't use it...that's fine too, but at least have the cyber-guts to offer some constructive criticism and stop hiding behind your keyboard. You know who I am. I am stevcast. My work (good or bad) is out there for everyone to see and use (or not use), and you can easily contact me with your opinion, and comments. I promise I will listen, and take what ever you have to offer under consideration. But, I don't get intimidated, I don't cater to bullies, and I don't respect cowards.
A "Troll" is just that. A short, ugly, cowardly little creature. A pathetic excuse for a human, and one to be brushed off like a bad joke.
Orbiter is what it is, a great space flight simulator that lets those of us who will never experience what it is like to actually be in space, the opportunity to do so. We owe it to the Orbiter community, but also to Dr. Schweiger who gave this to us FOR FREE to keep the Orbiter experience positive and going forward. I enjoy creating add ons for Orbiter ( even if the meshes are by another author, or someone had to guide me through the animations). the end result is what is worth it, and I will continue to make them, and hopefully keep improving. Will I ever create something as impressive as an AMSO, or XR2? Probably not. But it won't be due to lack of trying, and it certainly won't be due to bullies, cowards or Trolls.

stevcast :thumbup: