OHM Autopilot 1.72 with AIRAC and worldwide Airports

OrbitHangar

Addon Comments
Reaction score

Author: medec21

AutopilotMFD is a multipurpose MFD module for the Orbiter space simulation. This update contains the current AIRAC database with all earth navaids (VOR, NDB, ILS, Intersections) as AIRAC Cycle : 0510 (29/SEP/2005 - 26/OCT/2005) - Rev.1. Thanks to Richard Stefan from NAVDATA.at. Will install all major earth airports with runways and ILS freq into orbiter. Enhanced AP panel and EFIS included. EFIS allows for complete earth navigation by easy clicks on the panel. Hover and vector programs redesigned. New flightplan commands. Find all details at: http://81.169.129.72/autopilot.pdf Unzip the download to orbiter directory as usual. Back up your earth.cfg file before installation. FS2004 version is now prerelease. Stay tuned ...

DOWNLOAD

theshhh

2 year orbiter player
Reaction score
2005?
just wondering, would this work in orbiter 2010?
EDIT: yep it does.

Last edited:

Zardoz

Reaction score
By far the best autopilot for Orbiter. Is there an update anywhere ?

Interceptor

Reaction score
I am really wanting to try this out,but I would like to know how we'll it works in orbiter 2010P1,bugs ect,ect before I decide to download,and install this.

Interceptor

Reaction score
Hey Pipcard do you use this addon?I think I am wary of using this because it changes your Earth.cfg,but it looks really useful.

Last edited:

Pipcard

mikusingularity
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Hey Pipcard do you use this addon?I think I am weary of using this because it changes your Earth.cfg,but it looks really useful.
I've never used it, and yes, I am also wary. If the autopilot works without changing the .cfg, then I might give it a try. What's the point of all the airports being included if they have nothing in them?

The PDF says that the autopilot panel "should be quite familiar to flightsimmers", but I was never a FSX/realistic flightsimmer. I always preferred semi-realism and the only flight sim that I owned was Orbiter (because it was free and you weren't limited to Earth's atmosphere).

Last edited:

ky

Director of Manned Spaceflight
Reaction score
I have that installed, I just deleted all the airports that were in the AIRAC folder, and copied my orbiter base files into that folder.

Interceptor

Reaction score
When you mean orbiter base files are you referring to the files in the Earth, and Moon folders.

---------- Post added at 07:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:40 PM ----------

Do use the Earth.cfg that's provided with the addon,or do you use your own?

ky

Director of Manned Spaceflight
Reaction score
Yes, I am referring to the files in Earth/Base. I use my own Earth.cfg. I also don't know if it will work with moon base files, as I have not tested that.

IronRain

The One and Only (AFAIK)
Administrator
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.spaceflightnewsapi.net
I'm using this add-on a lot. The way I installed it: copy everything except the earth.cfg and the airac files.

Furet

Reaction score
As suggested before by Ky I did not change the existing Earth.cfg. I just add some bases in the Earth/base folder when I need so. Flightplans works pretty well. See the examples that are included in the package (and the separate manual of course).

I found a possible issue however: I have a CTD each time I’m opening a scenario that contains more than 33 vessels (as far as I remember).

fred18

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Hi all,

I am trying this and I have an issue: I have huge oscillations unless I go to Time acc 10x. It seems like the PID values that controls the MFD are not ok on my machine. Can anyone who is using this help me?

I use orbiter 2010P1 and I tried apMFD on L1011 and stock DG

Thank you guys!

Fred

Furet

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am trying this and I have an issue: I have huge oscillations unless I go to Time acc 10x. It seems like the PID values that controls the MFD are not ok on my machine. Can anyone who is using this help me?

I use orbiter 2010P1 and I tried apMFD on L1011 and stock DG

Thank you guys!

Fred

This could happen depending on your speed and altitude. Otherwise, just give a try to the scenarios included in the package and study the corresponding flight plans to use the relevant commands. No other ideas.:shrug:

Interceptor

Reaction score
BTW,I have it working on the moon,just take your moon bases and move them into the airac folder,also