Atlantis "Launch into sunrise" corrupted?

BobSpiders

Reaction score
I'm trying to launch one of the scenarios with the Atlantis space shuttle on the ground. Both "Launch into sunrise" and "Atlantis satellite launch" do not seem to work. When I launch them, the shuttle and the SRBs are separated and both are spinning around, rather than sitting idle on the launch pad (and, BTW, there is no external tank).
The other Atlantis scenarios, not starting on the ground, work fine

Does anybody know the reason?

I have looked into the scenario cfg file. There is an AROT entry that, to my understanding shouldn't be there, but even taking it out nothing changes. Also nothing changes even if I add lines such as:
- AROT 0 0 0
- RVEL 0 0 0

Any help would be very appreciated
Roberto

Last edited:

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Hello Bob,

A crash log would be invaluable. Look for "Orbiter.log" in Orbiter main directory. It will give us all the necessary clues to help you (version, error, etc...)

Also you can easily crash Orbiter altering those values. Those are mathematical vectors, so for AROT [0 0 0] is a nonsense for Orbiter, hence the crash. [1 0 0], [0 1 0] etc... make much more sense. AROT is the vector for the orientation of the vessel. RVEL the vector for the vessel relative velocity (I guess [0 0 0] is valid for that one, though my math skills are more than rusted).

To put it another way, you are telling to Orbiter "Spawn me an object", then "This object has no orientation". It can't be.

:cheers:

Last edited:

BobSpiders

Reaction score
Thanks, but eventually, as I was not receiving any answer, I decided to reinstall everything ... and now everything is OK :thumbup: