Apollo 11 crashes at 35 hours

joe1956

Reaction score
I don't know why it crashes at 35 hours, but here is my log. I have search both here and the Meadville forums, and can't find anything.

Attachments

• Orbiter.log
    7.3 KB · Views: 167

indy91

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
The log doesn't have anything about the crash unfortunately. Does it "reliably" crash always at the same time? If yes, do you have a scenario saved from just before? Then I could try to replicate it.

Also, from the log I think I can see that you are using Orbiter 2016. NASSP 8 is currently being developed for the Orbiter Beta. It should be mostly compatible with the 2016 release and I am almost 100% sure that it doesn't have to do with the crash, but it might be better if you could switch to using the Orbiter Beta.

joe1956

Reaction score
Scenario File

Thanks Indy but the file is too large. What can I do now? Your file of 220.1 KB bytes exceeds the forum's limit of 195.3 KB for this filetype.

indy91

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Thanks Indy but the file is too large. What can I do now? Your file of 220.1 KB bytes exceeds the forum's limit of 195.3 KB for this filetype.

Hmm, maybe upload the file somewhere externally (Google Drive, Dropbox etc.)?

The NASSP save files have started exceeding the forum limit here when we started saving the memory of the AGS (after already saving the memory of two AGCs and the LVDC++). Not that much we can do about it, haha. We could stop saving LVDC parameters after a certain time after TLI maybe. Or we could ask the forum administrators to increase the limit for us. Or both.

GLS

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com

Copy-paste?
Use the
Code:
code tags
in the editor.

joe1956

Reaction score
Thanks GLS too long to paste.

---------- Post added at 03:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:03 PM ----------

Thanks CLS too many characters. INDY could I email you the file?

indy91

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
You could also use pastebin, I would prefer that to email.

indy91

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Alright then, I'll send you my contact information per private message.

---------- Post added at 19:21 ---------- Previous post was at 17:49 ----------

It is a MCC bug with the calculation of the lunar flyby Maneuver PAD. A rare border case it seems, so thanks for discovering it!

Usually these issues result in a "Thread Started" message that never gets its normal "Thread Completed" message after it. In this case the results of the calculation would be processed further, but there are no results and it so crashes. It is an easy fix.

But I think there are more issues in your scenario. The reason you have gotten into this border case for the calculation is that you are a bit off course. And I think your alignment is no good. Something must have happened with your REFSMMAT. The current alignment is for the PTC REFSMMAT. Did an uplink fail earlier? Did an earlier P52 option 1 or 3 go wrong?

joe1956

Reaction score
Indy I failed with my last P52, the first star was nowhere near the center of the sxy. So then I failed it to completion then carried on. What is the easy fix? Thank you for all your hard work.

Dantassii

HUMONGOUS IMS shipbuilder
Reaction score
Convert file to ZIP format. That's how I uploaded the mission file for my Lunar Station Assembly mission. File was MUCH smaller.

Dantassii
HUMONGOUS IMS shipbuilder

indy91

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Indy I failed with my last P52, the first star was nowhere near the center of the sxy. So then I failed it to completion then carried on. What is the easy fix? Thank you for all your hard work.

The easy fix was for the cause of your crash. If you use the latest NASSP beta release then it at least shouldn't crash anymore.

But I would at least revert to a scenario from before MCC-2, so that you can do that maneuver with a correct alignment. I think what failed was the change from the launchpad REFSMMAT to the PTC REFSMMAT, which would have been done earlier in the mission with a P52 option 1. Do you remember any issue with a P52 option 1? Because the reference for your alignment is broken you won't be able to do a good P52. You need a new REFSMMAT uplinked or you go back to about 6:50 GET, before the alignment was done.

joe1956

Reaction score
I have not done a P52 option 1.

---------- Post added at 02:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:57 PM ----------

By the way Indy the new Beta works no crash.

indy91

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I have not done a P52 option 1.

That is strange, there definitely is one scheduled to change to a REFSMMAT that was uplinked, at about 7h GET.

indy91

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
So, in any case I would revert to an earlier scenario, even if it is not broken anymore now. The MCC-2 you did was using a bad alignment and so it was not really helping your trajectory too much. It is possible to recover from the situation your alignment is in, but it's quite a process. So maybe try to revert to a scenario from before T+7h GET, so that the REFSMMAT uplink and the P52 option 1 are done correctly.

joe1956

Reaction score
Sound Advice. Thank you so much Indy. I appreciate all the help.