Antares Manned Spacecraft idea stolen by external forum user!

fausto

FOI SuperMod
Reaction score
A few days ago we at Forum Orbiter Italia noticed that a "Powder Toy" forum member claimed to be the author of Antares Manned Spacecraft:

[ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=4682"]Antares Manned Spacecraft 2.5[/ame]

as many orbinauts already know, Antares is competely a FOI creation and project. Our member Pete Conrad (Robitallie_Fan on OF) joined that forum and signaled that Antares is OUR creation and not HIS creation as this member (named Equals Three) claimed. The following annoying discussion can be read here:

http://powdertoy.co.uk/Discussions/Thread/View.html?Thread=9003

We kindly ask OF members to support us and if any need attest that Antares is OUR project!

Than you very much for your support!

Luke Skywalker

Rebel Alliance Hero
Reaction score
:hesaid:

And why is he using O-F smileys?

EDIT: I think the guy BreakingNYC has an explaination here?

Last edited:

Cosmic Penguin

Geek Penguin in GTO
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Strange. His account has a link that points to Tex's Youtube channel, and his "joined groups" links to Doug's Altea Aerospace page. And he claims he's from northern France.

Something doesn't add up. :shrug:

Cosmic Penguin

Geek Penguin in GTO
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Hmm... the members responding on that thread are all very strange, they're asking for legal papers proving the ownership (!). And the description about Antares there is .... weird. For example the spacecraft is described as being launched by an Ariane 5 (!).

At least that "Powder Toy" physics game sandbox looks interesting... :hmm:

ky

Director of Manned Spaceflight
Reaction score
6e39c04258b8a23e20a861473fe3dd0b

:WTF: Ok, Im a little confused here.

---------- Post added at 09:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:35 AM ----------

I've registered at Powder Toy forums.

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
6e39c04258b8a23e20a861473fe3dd0b

:WTF: Ok, Im a little confused here.

---------- Post added at 09:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:35 AM ----------

I've registered at Powder Toy forums.

after snooping his/her/it's profile, apparently it looks like they have a crush on our dear mod Izack :rofl:

Alfastar

да
Reaction score
I don't know who is he/she, but he/she must shame for doing this. Giving the credits on him/herself for something what is not maked by him/she is very egocentric and not nice.

That people must know how frustration this is for the real makes of the add-on.

ky

Director of Manned Spaceflight
Reaction score
Now someone is saying that EqualsThree is Dansteph :shrug: Trolling I guess

Last edited:

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
What. The. Hell. I have an account on Powder Toy, and that guy obviously isn't me. I'm sorry FOI for this embarrassement, but please try to ignore these trolls. I'm afraid you won't get any satisfaction out of keeping this up, Powder Toy is a terrible website for trolls. :(

Last edited:

dbeachy1

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
alteaaerospace.com
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
I had reported that same member to the staff at Powder Toy ten months ago and proved that he did not own http://www.alteaaerospace.com (details in the two posts here). Unfortunately the staff there still has not taken any action despite assurances they would. So all we can do is ignore the troll.

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
What. The. Hell. I have an account on Powder Toy, and that guy obviously isn't me. I'm sorry FOI for this embarrassement, but please try to ignore these trolls. I'm afraid you won't get any satisfaction out of keeping this up, Powder Toy is a terrible website. :(

You have no need to be sorry. Sadly the net has too many people who have way too much time on their hands to do things like this.

I'll also point out that the thread is nearly a year old so hopefully the troll has gotten bored of pretending to be Izack and moved on.

Scruce

Ad astra per aspera
Reaction score
Unfortunately, I think I know who is behind this. I'll talk to the staff about it.