Another new dude says hello...

Offlabeluse

Reaction score
...hello! :hello:

Well, where to start? I am 32, from Germany, interested in anything that moves through the atmosphere and beyond, although it sits on my HD for more than two years, I just began to have a closer look at Orbiter these days.

And then I've been a modder for over ten years now, mostly race sims, but I want to try my hands now at Orbiter. Yet I am still investigating the possibilities of Orbiter, starting with something simple. A weather rocket maybe, something like a weather rocket with an atmospheric probe on top. Admitingly, I fail at the mathematics involved with orbital mechanics, the higher mathematics being one of the reasons I had to quit my aircraft design studies. But well, that is a different story...

Anyways, as most of the manned space flight is covered so far, and I am not that interested in Sci-Fi, I want to dig a little into the pioneer work that preceded Sputnik & co. The 3D works shouldn't be to much of a problem for me, and the rest, I'll have to see...

Xyon

Puts the Fun in Dysfunctional
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Webmaster
GFX Staff
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-radio.co.uk
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
:welcome: to Orbiter-Forum! And say goodbye to your free time for the foreseeable future if you start devoting time to learning to fly in Orbiter. :p

For newbies to Orbiter, the tutorials page here contains links to some solid articles including Go Play In Space, which attempts to explain the funky maths part of orbital mechanics in more practical terms, so you know why you're supposed to do certain things at certain times and what's going on when you do. Should get you orbiting like a pro in no time.

Developing for Orbiter is another story entirely, and will sap your off-hours even more thoroughly. We've got some tutorial links here for that too. :)

River Crab

SpaceX Cheer Captain
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
:hello:Hello, dude!

Since you said "it sits on your HD for more than 2 years", you'll be pleased to know that a new version is out. :cheers: 2010!

Looks like you're off to develop some interesting rockets, so good luck, and :hail::probe:!

Offlabeluse

Reaction score
Having no job atm means a lot of time at my disposal...

...k, shouldn't get to used to this situation...

Being a friend of electronic music, I stumbled across
quite a while ago, and as a creature with a lot of brain farts :lol: I thought Project Manhigh and the Kittinger jump would be an interesting feature, eh?

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum!

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
:welcome: to the forums !

Orbiter buried the axe of war between me and maths, and allowed me to progress a lot (over all, it demonstrated me that maths could be interesting and fun to use !).

Moach

Crazy dude with a rocket
Addon Developer
Reaction score
anf further welcome from a fellow modder :hello:

Loru

Retired Staff Member
Retired Staff
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
:welcome: Offlabeluse.

Hashy

Reaction score
Welcome aboard Offlabeluse. Yes, those straps are ment to keep you safe in your seat, its for your own protection!! haha.

Glad to see you around, look forward to seeing some of your work too if you are keen to develope =)

Last edited by a moderator:

alex136

Reaction score
:welcome: to the forum! / Bine ai venit pe acest forum!

MJR

C++ developer in the mix
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Hello! If you got any question for addon developing, just feel free to ask.