Animator/Animation software needed

marcheenek

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
I'm looking for a good animation software, either freeware or payware that would do the job. Or, a person who could help me with this project for a symbolic gratitude, I cannot afford a Pixar animator, unfortunately.

My closest friend died tragically in an accident on Memorial day weekend, leaving her 2-year old son and husband in deep grief and sorrow.

I would like to make a tribute to her by creating a video with some short video clips and picture slideshow, but I also would like to try to create a very short (~1-2 min) animation.

It would include animating flower petals blown by wind from the place of the accident, which would then form a human silhouette floating in the air, giving the family last good-buys and floating high in the sky, and disintegrating into diffuse angel-like shape and finally blending with the stars.
Is that even possible with non-professional software? How about Blender? Is it hard to learn how to use it?
I would appreciate any suggestions and advice.
Thank you.

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
As far as 3D, there is Blender but I believe it has a sharp initial learning curve. There is also Anim8or which is very simple to use, though less powerful, which has a good renderer. I don't know what kind of experience you have. Personally I lack the skills to try this. I was thinking you meant 2D like a nice Flash animation. (flower petals and silhouette seem fairly 2D)

marcheenek

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
No, I was rather thinking a 3D overlay on a HD camera videoclip. I would shoot background scene, including objects or people, then add animation in the scene. For aerial shoot I would use Google Earth and maybe Orbiter scenery as well.

I have artistic skills and pretty good instinct to crack down new software, what I lack is advance programming and general knowledge about limitations and capabilities of such programs.

Thanks for letting me know about Anim8or.