AMSO AMSO Launch Timewarp and Lunar lander problem

Gemini12

Reaction score
Whenever I do a launch of the Saturn V, I can time warp greater than 10x. I've never seen it do that before but when I warp greater than 10x the AP turns off. Is there a way to fix this? Also, whenever I land on the moon after PDI, during the landing phase the lander seems to ascend if I warp greater than 1x. Again, I've never seen it do this and was wondering if there is a fix to this also. I have Orbiter 2010 p1. I tried a clean version of orbiter and AMSO, but it kept doing the same thing. If there is a fix for this, please let me know!

clive bradbury

Tutorial Publisher
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Most orbiter AP don't work above 10x warp, as it makes things difficult for them - the AMSO manual advises this.

What's the rush, anyway? I find taking some time to enjoy a particular scenario is the best way to enjoy orbiter - and to best appreciate all the work the add-on designer put into it. After all, launch to LEO for Apollo is only about 15 minutes, which you can reduce to 1.5 mins using 10x if you really must. Not too time-consuming , really.

Last edited:

statickid

CatDog from Deimos
Donator
Reaction score
Another option is to run through and save scenarios at different points in the flight. Then you don't even have to use t acceleration, just open the scn where you want

---------- Post added at 07:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:13 AM ----------

Remember the AP is not just a video recording, its reacting to the simulation. When you use time acceleration, you are reducing the resolution and accuracy of number samples. The launch and landing require high accuracy and delicate control, t acceleration reduces both of these until it is quickly broken. Its best to only use >100x it in deep space with all AP off, including attitude control, and don't touch anything but the time control

Mantis

Reaction score
Whenever I do a launch of the Saturn V, I can time warp greater than 10x. I've never seen it do that before but when I warp greater than 10x the AP turns off. Is there a way to fix this? Also, whenever I land on the moon after PDI, during the landing phase the lander seems to ascend if I warp greater than 1x. Again, I've never seen it do this and was wondering if there is a fix to this also. I have Orbiter 2010 p1. I tried a clean version of orbiter and AMSO, but it kept doing the same thing. If there is a fix for this, please let me know!

Don't time warp during AP operations. That's not a bug - it's by design. The AP cannot function correctly during excessive time-warp. I was a beta tester for the current release and I seem to recall that the manual specifically tells you not to use time-warp in those scenarios. Launch only takes 10 mins to get you into Orbit anyway. Landing takes longer but it is a complex process running behind the scenes in that autopilot.