Idea AMSO Apollo 13 Update?

Swigert

0% Sugar Free
Reaction score
The other day I was wondering how awesome a more detailed version of the Apollo 13 scenario would be for AMSO. Details such as the explosion caused by the damaged coil in 02 tank B, the "hand made" course correction with the LEM (which of course could be done in-game, and doesn't need to be codded into the scenario), 1 and 3 fuel cell shutdowns, etc. I would love to see a panel of the SM missing instead of it looking perfectly healthy in 3rd person view, as it is now. The SIM Bay could be used for that instead of having to make a separate mesh of all of that. (I don't know much about addon development, so I apologize if I don't make sense.) What do you all think about this?

boogabooga

Bug Crusher
Reaction score
I think you haven't been a member of O-F long enough to demand more from what is already one of the best add-ons.

Xyon

Puts the Fun in Dysfunctional
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Webmaster
GFX Staff
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-radio.co.uk
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
I think you haven't been a member of O-F long enough to demand more from what is already one of the best add-ons.

I wasn't aware we maintained a minimum threshold on such things. I also don't see much by way of demands in there, just someone expressing a desire, which I know I share.

Swigert

0% Sugar Free
Reaction score
My exact thoughts; I was just sharing an idea, not demanding that the developers add it in. We all have ideas.

I wasn't aware we maintained a minimum threshold on such things. I also don't see much by way of demands in there, just someone expressing a desire, which I know I share.

fred18

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I think that maybe through a lua script the idea could become reality actually... what do you think?

boogabooga

Bug Crusher
Reaction score

No, but had this poster been around for example about two years ago he/she would know that the "what else can it do for me?" attitude has the potential to create huge problems with developers who have already been working on their creations for years. Even when the requests are as "innocent" as texture changes, etc.

If Apollo 13 is not to your standards, why not just fly all of the other missions?

ACSoft

AMSO Founder
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
The other day I was wondering how awesome a more detailed version of the Apollo 13 scenario would be for AMSO. Details such as the explosion caused by the damaged coil in 02 tank B, the "hand made" course correction with the LEM (which of course could be done in-game, and doesn't need to be codded into the scenario), 1 and 3 fuel cell shutdowns, etc. I would love to see a panel of the SM missing instead of it looking perfectly healthy in 3rd person view, as it is now. The SIM Bay could be used for that instead of having to make a separate mesh of all of that. (I don't know much about addon development, so I apologize if I don't make sense.) What do you all think about this?
Sweigert, did you ever tried to fly Apollo 13 using my "A13-Tutorial.txt" and the AS-508 set of scenarios, which come with the package ?

AMSO support Apollo 13 special case !!!

For example "Apollo 13 step 06" demonstrate the cryo-tank #2 explosion. Right on historical time, you will hear a big BANG !!! And since then, you will have to take immediat measures to economise power (stay in the LM and limit your visit into the CM to the strict necessary. The CM mini panel (TAB) will display now the POWER BUS voltage since the end). Otherwise, you may not be able to achieve the reentry. The step 09 scenario simulate the historcal long burn made with the LM. This correction require the usage of AMSO fictitious program P13 described in the doc.(p27). Step 10 demonstrate where and how to produce the famous hand made correction, within the limitation of Orbiter simulator.

ACS

Swigert

0% Sugar Free
Reaction score
Sweigert, did you ever tried to fly Apollo 13 using my "A13-Tutorial.txt" and the AS-508 set of scenarios, which come with the package ?

AMSO support Apollo 13 special case !!!

For example "Apollo 13 step 06" demonstrate the cryo-tank #2 explosion. Right on historical time, you will hear a big BANG !!! And since then, you will have to take immediat measures to economise power (stay in the LM and limit your visit into the CM to the strict necessary. The CM mini panel (TAB) will display now the POWER BUS voltage since the end). Otherwise, you may not be able to achieve the reentry. The step 09 scenario simulate the historcal long burn made with the LM. This correction require the usage of AMSO fictitious program P13 described in the doc.(p27). Step 10 demonstrate where and how to produce the famous hand made correction, within the limitation of Orbiter simulator.

ACS

I had noticed that before, but I hadn't realized A13 was already encoded into AMSO. I had thought the document was simply a description on what happened on the flight and whatnot. :facepalm: Anyway, thank you for bringing this to my attention.