Airforce Academy written test: any suggestion?

The Aviator

Reaction score
Hi guys!
It's a lot of time I don't post anything here. I'm concurring in a competition for the Italian Airforce Academy. I passed the general culture tests and the medical tests, and now I'm approaching to the final stage: the written tests!
This test will be about world's actuality facts. The only things I can imagine it will be about are the G8 summit in London or the financial crysis, so I'm studying only these arguments for now.
Have you any suggestions about any other argument they could ask me to talk about? Something important that happened this year?
Thank you all!:)

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
There was a tiny Earthquake in the middle of Europe lately, you know... ;)

And aren't there some WW2 history anniversaries coming close in 2009?

The Aviator

Reaction score
I think the Abruzzo earthquake is too recent, I don't think they could ask to talk about this argument.
And no, I didn't thought about WW2 anniversary! Thank you for the idea. :)
Any other suggestion?

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
The election of Obama as US president might be a good topic, you should at least be able to tell who is vice president, if asked about international politics.

Also, for Italy, some EU stuff might be important, but I don't follow Italian news much.

Maybe also the bad Formula One season so far for the Scuderia?

FordPrefect

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Can't help you on the questions, however, your are too LATE! The A.M.I no longer operates the coolest fighter jet to ever grace the skies, the F-104 "Spillone"...

The Aviator

Reaction score
Yes, the election of Obama could be a good topic, but I have some doubts about domestic politics: it's a very risky topic to talk about, and they never asked about it in the past.
Formula One? It's very popular in Italy, but not so important to deserve a test for the academy I think ;)

Dickie

Wannabe Rocket Scientist
Donator
Reaction score
When I did my Admiralty Interview Board for the RN, we were asked about current affairs topics linked to what the RN were doing around the world, for example "What's going on in X part of the world? What are the RN doing there?". Different countries and different services but I'd imagine they'd be looking for similar things.

We also had to do an essay with titles we had to choose from along the lines of "Does the UK need the Trident nuclear deterrent?" - so maybe try and think about any similar issues facing Italian defence in the near future?

Basically, thinking about issues affecting your country's foreign policy and what your service is doing around the world is a start.

Good luck! :cheers:

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
I thought that Somalian pirates don't attack Italian ships, because they fear Berlusconi personally coming to Somalia to negotiate. ;)

I can already imagine him singing terribly out of key...

So lock up your daughter
Lock up your wife
Lock up your back door
And run for your life
The man is back in town
So don't you mess me round

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
They did attack an Italian cruise ship without much success.

You see, psychological warfare works. A clear case of broken moral even before the fighting started.

tblaxland

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Webmaster
Reaction score

The Aviator

Reaction score
Hi all!
I'm just returned from the Academy. In the end the essay was about people's bahaviour in critic circumstances: the ones who cares only about themselves ant the ones who helps the others risking their own lives. What we can do to educate people to be altruist and show their better side?:blink:
The other two essays (not chosen) were about natural disasters (the earthquake;)) and about internet as communication tool: advantages and risks.
I was expecting something more difficult! :)
Thank you to all for your suggestions, I appreciate very much it!
Now I could ask you this? About what you would have spoken in the topic?
:cheers:

Orbinaut Pete

ISSU Project Manager
News Reporter
Reaction score
Q. What can we do to educate people to be altruist and show their better side?
A. Give them money :rofl:

-----
I myself would have chosen the internet question, because I, um, love internet! But I suppose the question you chose was the best, as there were no facts required. It was just asking for your opinion (and so you can't be wrong);).

CONGRATULATIONS!!!
Let's hope that soon you really will be "The Aviator":lol:

-Pete

The Aviator

Reaction score
Thank you Pete! Maybe I would have chosen the internet question also, but I didn't chosen anything, the topic was extracted to case! So us all had to do the same essay.