A Mission for You: Fly to my base, check out my first efforts!

edjohnbus

Reaction score
Ok, I'm attempting to attach my base here along with my saved scenario...hopefully someone likes it or can use it for their future missions.

ed

Attachments

• Challenger Base.scn
    5.9 KB · Views: 2

icedown

Reaction score
All you need is the scenario file, either a quicksave or the current one

edjohnbus

Reaction score
cool beans, I figured that, but wasn't 100% positive.

edjohnbus

Reaction score
it let me upload my scenario, but won't let me upload the base....if people don't have the base, will the scenario still work?

icedown

Reaction score
The scenario contains all of the location and status data for the ships in the world at the time. Ships include base structures too I believe. If your using any addons, like UCGO and prelude II base, you'll have put that in the description. If they don't have those addons, it will generate an error. However you do not include addons with your scenario.

edjohnbus

Reaction score
Thanks for helping me out....took me two trips to the moon and back in my DGIV to set up the modules on the base... I don't think it's too bad all things considered.

icedown;bt4581 said:
The scenario contains all of the location and status data for the ships in the world at the time. Ships include base structures too I believe. If your using any addons, like UCGO and prelude II base, you'll have put that in the description. If they don't have those addons, it will generate an error. However you do not include addons with your scenario.

icedown

Reaction score
I just seen the scn file. they will have to have DGIV, UCGO, UMMU. I noticed there is a skin specified also, I'm not sure what would happen if they didn't have it. I see a DGIV Lunar rover too.

icedown

Reaction score
This is something I do to help with framerate, not really sure if it does much but every little bit help when building bases and stations. I strip all unneeded ships from the scenario also. That way orbiter doesn't have to keep track of them. For my lunar runs, I usually keep Mir, for refueling, but I remove ISS and Luna-OB1. I also make sure I remove stages and spend cargo regularly too.

edjohnbus

Reaction score
I haven't stripped anything out of mine yet. I have for fun moved all the satellites into an equatorial orbit around earth....it was funny launching and seeing Ceres followed by MIR followed by the ISS followed by Hubble and so on, but I cleaned that up and all satellites are "stock" to how they are.

I really wish there was a way to make a base with a VTOL transmitter that you could deploy from the DGIV. Would be a neat thing to randomly land some place and create a base without having to write a cfg file for a base before hand.

I wonder if someone could cook up a VTOL pad that works like the inflatable helipad but has a transmitter frequency for navigation...I realize the base would not list as a target, but it would work for someone setting up a temporary base on phobos while exploring Mars (as an example).

icedown;bt4584 said:
This is something I do to help with framerate, not really sure if it does much but every little bit help when building bases and stations. I strip all unneeded ships from the scenario also. That way orbiter doesn't have to keep track of them. For my lunar runs, I usually keep Mir, for refueling, but I remove ISS and Luna-OB1. I also make sure I remove stages and spend cargo regularly too.