Website
github.com
He was not happy...
o1cjxqyup7z51.png

BenSisko

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Not too impressed with the track management in Istanbul. Power-washing the track twice in the 12 hours prior to FP1!?! Mother Nature and physics provided the rest of the excitement. Low temps, wet, and low grip, the trifecta! Well, at least this track allows overtaking. Sunday might be spicy:oops:

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Well, there' off!
Bottas got clobbered and spun hamilton just in front of Vettel, thats changed.
Going to be a wet, slippery and (relatively) slow race.

Anything could happen!

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Well, that was fun!

Lewis wins, and gets his 7th World Championship.

BenSisko

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Wow, it was wet and spicy! Tough for Stroll & Bottas (perhaps LeClerc too). Great for Perez, Vettel, and of course Hamilton. I’m still amazed at how they (Hamilton & Perez) got those inters to last so long in drying conditionso_O

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Abu Dhabi Grand Prix

Yas Marina, Abu DhabiYas Marina, Abu Dhabi

11th December to 13th December
11 DEC - 13 DEC

Red Bull's Max Verstappen took a shock pole position at the season-ending Abu Dhabi Grand Prix.

Red Bull's first pole of a season dominated by Mercedes arrived as the Dutchman beat Valtteri Bottas by 0.025 seconds, with Lewis Hamilton third.
Only 0.086secs separated the top three in one of 2020's tightest sessions.

And Britain's Lando Norris produced an outstanding lap to take fourth in the McLaren, just 0.251secs off pole and ahead of Red Bull's Alex Albon.

The second McLaren of Carlos Sainz starts sixth, giving the team extra hope of overhauling their 10-point gap to Racing Point in their fight for third place in the constructors' championship, on which millions of pounds of prize money hangs.

Abu Dhabi Grand Prix: Max Verstappen takes pole position for season finale - BBC Sport

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Lap 7

Clean start, they are all still there I think. Looks to be a long one.

BenSisko

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Well, that might have been the most boring race this season. There was action in the midfield (which did account for a notable change in the Constructors standings) but nothing at the front. For driving at the top of his game, it was a sad way to go out for Checo. After all he did for Force India/Racing Point/Aston Martin, he surely deserves a seat based on cumulative performance more than Seb (who's last 18 months have been forgettable). Not sure I'll miss Kvyat or K-Mag. I'm not sure racing a Cadillac will put him any closer to the front of the pack than his Haas did. Good for Albon, he may have done enough to save his seat for another year. George Russell sure put a huge star by his name while putting the fear of God into Valteri Bottas (bet he was glad the ink had dried on his new contract). Don't you think Sainz is wondering if Mclaren+Mercedes is = or > Ferrari? Betcha' Carlos is gonna have quite a few sleepless nights between now and pre-season testing! Finally, Thank God Romain Grosjean is alive to hug his wife and kids and dream about the next step in his career. A mere 14 weeks until we hear these engines again in Barcelona for a single 3 day session in early March!

These back to back races have worn me out. I've been fanatic enough (or foolish enough) to get up at 3-4 am our time to watch the sessions live. Grosjean's crash had me on the verge of tears. I thought he was dead and was amazed to see him jump from the flames. Not only an incredible engineering feat but an equal combination of luck with grace from above!

Thanks Notebook for regularly posting on the schedule I've really enjoyed it!!:cheers:

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Thanks BenSisko.

I used to follow F1 quite a lot 40+ years ago, very different...
Still like to catch it if I can, but as you say, that was a procession. Definitely last day of term, still very dangerous.
Grosjean was proof of that lest we forget.