Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
French Grand Prix is 10th race of F1 season off amid coronavirus pandemic

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/52435988

The French Grand Prix has been postponed from its 28 June date, the 10th consecutive race to be called off as a result of the coronavirus crisis.
The move had been considered inevitable since French President Emmanuel Macron expanded the country's ban on mass gatherings until mid-July.
Silverstone has said the British Grand Prix cannot be held with spectators.
But the track says it is in talks with government "on the viability of an event behind closed doors".

tl8

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
I can't see anything happening before August. The problem is even if there is no lockdown, international transit is difficult and there would almost certainly be no spectators.

Supercars is tentative for a restart in early July. This seems plausible for now. It is unknown if I will be able to go trackside for my local or I will have to resort to looking through the fence (being able to hear but not see will be rather annoying).

Michkov

Reaction score
Latest news is a start in Austria at the initially planned date, maybe a second race on Wednesday after. Local politicians are keen on that, have been even before they started lessening the lockdown measures here. I'd take it with a grain of salt and see how the case numbers evolve. At least supercars went for the simracing round, which is quite enjoyable to watch. Especially when they run international circuits they dont go to in reallife.

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Formula 1 season to start with eight races in Europe

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/52883244

The 2020 Formula 1 season will start in Austria on 5 July, the first of a run of eight races in Europe.
An F1 statement said the championship would begin across three consecutive weekends - two in Austria on 5 and 12 July and a third in Hungary.
There will then be a two-week break before two consecutive races in Britain and events in Spain, Belgium and Italy.

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Valtteri Bottas beat Lewis Hamilton to pole position as Mercedes dominated qualifying at the Austrian Grand Prix, while Ferrari had a shocking day.
Mercedes seemed unbeatable as the season re-started after a four-month delay as a result of the coronavirus.
The cars, painted black this year to reflect Mercedes' support for anti-racism, were half a second clear.
The fastest Ferrari of Charles Leclerc was in seventh as the sheer scale of their lack of performance became clear.
Team-mate Sebastian Vettel did not even make it into the final part of qualifying and the four-time world champion will start 11th.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/53292525

tl8

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Good to see them back.

F3 Race 1 had 2 Aussies on the podium including the one that crashed at Monza.

Also includes David Schumacher (Rolf's Son) and Jake Doohan (Mick Doohan's Son).

Also on Schumacher news, Mick Schumacher does have his Super License.

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Summary
Hamilton penalised for collision with Albon as Bottas wins in Austria, after Mercedes feared gearbox problems
Verstappen, Ricciardo, Stroll, Magnussen, Russell, Grosjean, Raikkonen, Albon, Kvyat out
Drivers take anti-racism stance ahead of race, six choosing not to 'take the knee'

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/latest

tl8

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
So where too from here for Ferrari? I don't think they are at rock bottom yet...

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Lewis Hamilton on Hungarian Grand Prix pole position

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/53456930

Lewis Hamilton beat team-mate Valtteri Bottas to lead a Mercedes one-two in qualifying for the Hungarian Grand Prix.

Mercedes were in a league of their own - Hamilton beat Bottas by 0.181 seconds while Racing Point's Lance Stroll in third was 0.93secs off the pace.

Stroll headed a Racing Point second row alongside team-mate Sergio Perez.

Ferrari locked out row three, Sebastian Vettel ahead of Charles Leclerc, with Red Bull's Max Verstappen seventh.

Lando Norris, third in the championship after two impressive opening races, was eighth for McLaren, while George Russell put in an impressive performance for the Williams team, recovering from a dismal 2019, in 12th.

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score

Dickie

Wannabe Rocket Scientist
Donator
Reaction score
I mentioned it on the Discord as well, but I've created an Orbiter Forum Fantasy F1 league for anyone who is interested:

I've not used this particular one before but used to play the old Badger GP game years ago, it can be reasonably entertaining!