[RU] Принимая уроки русского языка во Франции

ScorpyX

Reaction score
-> N_Molson: You know - my native language is Russian
but I also often write "N" instead of "И" (ee)

250px-CaptainFacepalm.png

so do not worry - it's nothing
just constant practice and you will win
ps. Будь счастлив :]

mc_

Reaction score
Я плохо говорю на русском !
Мне кажется, твой уровень выше, чем у 90% населения Земли. А это уже хорошо :thumbup:
Don't worry and keep going - everything is easy, when really want it.

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
The fact is that I begin to be able to decipher written russian, both in capital and cursive. Now I rarely guess the meaning :) Also my cyrillic cursive is getting more fluid.

Last Monday I was looking at the teacher with something like despair in the expression (we are learning plural and variations (locative)) and she said "Don't worry, learning russian is an high-level sport. It takes long years to really master it." :p

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
OK, so tomorrow morning (a Saturday, that's pretty unfair !) is the russian exam for the first semester.

I must say I'm quite afraid about it : while I begin to be really able to read (which doesn't means I understand everything, given I still don't have much vocabulary), the grammar part is quite dreadful. Also the two classes of verbs, their irregularities, I'll try to push all that into my brain until it blows.

I should be OK with cyrillic cursive - except I'm unsure about which letters require the little "pike" before. Problem is that I'm slooow and there will be very little time.

Пожелайте мне удачи ! :shifty:

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Well, it was quite difficult. Even worse, when I finished, the teacher that was watching us was a young russian (I'd say siberian) one that I didn't knew, and she whispered something to me (in french, but with some "whispered accent") when I gave her the sheet, that I didn't understood. I was a little in late so I hope there will be no trouble with that. People of the next class were entering the room while I was finishing, but I received no direct order to give my sheet (as I'm used to in other exams). I don't like that, it's messy. :shifty:

If they don't count me, I'm going to make a little scandal, as my neighbour was using an I-Pad hidden under the table while it was explicitely forbidden ! I hate that, of course with Google Translation it becomes much much easier ! :mad:

PeterRoss

Warranty man
Reaction score
Website
vk.com
Waiting for results :)

Just out of curiosity - what do you mean by 'siberian'? I suspect we understand this word in different fashion.

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
what do you mean by 'siberian'

From Siberia :lol:

Well, I got the exam after all ! Seems they were very kind at giving the points given what I wrote. I got 11/20, right enough to get my "russian level A1A" validated.

Let's get the "A1B" this semester, and I'll be "A1-ready" (which means that, in theory, I'm able to ask -and understand- basic things like directions and read basic signs).

But this is getting harder and harder, it seems that each new grammar rule is a nest of exceptions and singularities :p

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Lost in translation

Hello,

I have a couple of sentences to translate (in russian, BTW :)) for Monday. The goal of the exercise is to write a small dialog between two fictional characters, Nadia and Katia. We have some background elements : Nadia is a french tourist in holidays in the small town of "Belovo", and she meets her russian friend Katia. In italic is what I would answer in english.

Nadia asks Katia where she goes. "Where are you going ?"
Katia answers she goes to the lake. "I'm going to the lake."
Nadia asks Katia if she is going to bath. "Are you going to bath ?"
Katia answers by the affirmative. "Yes, I'm going to bath."
Nadia asks Katia if she goes often to the lake. "Are you going often to the lake ?"
Katia answers by the affirmative and precises that she loves to bath. "Yes, I go there often because I really love to bath"
Nadia asks Katia if she bathes in winter. "Do you also bath in that lake in winter ?"
Katia answers that of course, she bathes in winter ! "Of course, I also bath in winter !"

Thank you for your help ! :tiphat:

PeterRoss

Warranty man
Reaction score
Website
vk.com
"Where are you going ?" / "Куда ты идешь?"
"I'm going to the lake." / "Я иду к озеру."
"Are you going to bath ?" / "Ты собираешься купаться?"
"Yes, I'm going to bath." / "Да, я собираюсь купаться."
"Are you going often to the lake ?" / "Ты часто ходишь к озеру?"
"Yes, I go there often because I really love to bath" / "Да, я часто хожу туда, потому что очень люблю купаться."
"Do you also bath in that lake in winter ?" / "Зимой ты тоже купаешься в этом озере?"
"Of course, I also bath in winter !" / "Конечно, зимой я тоже купаюсь!"

This translation may differ from what your teacher is expecting to see though, because I don't know exactly what you must know about Russian language already. For example, native Russian would say "Я иду на озеро" instead of "Я иду к озеру". The semantic difference is quite subtle: if someone says he goes "к озеру" it means that he use the lake as a checkpoint on his way and "на озеро" means that he's going to stay on the lake for a while, and I'm not sure you even have to know such difference from your training programme.
Also, bathing in lake in winter in Russia... C'mon, you're joking!:lol: Is Katia a 'walrus' (as we call ice-swimmers)?

Scav

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I think Katia is someone not to be trifled with. :uhh:

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
:lol:

A russian-learning method has to show some "cliches", no ? :)

Well, thank you very much Peter !