You know you're addicted to Orbiter when...

Tycho

Reaction score
You'd be surprised, there are orbinauts spread thoroughly throughout the internet! I'm not real surprised that Brighton Beach on the Moon was mentioned in that article! :lol:

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
...when you have to stop and rewind an old episode of Friends because the guy playing the organ at a funeral is playing Air on a G String. And, when you get mad at yourself because you've seen that episode a hundred times in the past few years and never caught it.

---------- Post added 06-02-11 at 08:53 AM ---------- Previous post was 06-01-11 at 06:08 PM ----------

...when you get a support call that someone is having an issue with an attachment, and your first instinct is to ask whether or not they have Universal RMS or Universal Cargo Deck installed, rather than realize they are having an issue with their email.

OrbiterSpore

Clean Furry, of A Dying Breed
Reaction score
Website
steamcommunity.com
...when you see a car with plates "STS-0001" you instantly think about the beginning of the Space Shuttle Program. :lol:
...when your bed is a sleeping bag attached to a wall, or worse, to the roof. :rofl:
...when you try pressing T to speed up things, and instantly cancel the action knowing that it'll never work. :rofl: :lol:

Sky Captain

Reaction score
When watcing this video

you immediatly start to wonder where did he downloaded that Earth texture

Grover

Saturn V Misfire
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
nah, you can get high enough texture levels from google earth, its not too secret, you just need to spend a couple of lifetimes piecing it all together

Eli13

Fish Dreamer
Reaction score
Well, I kinda was guilty of that, when I had one, then someone randomly asked her the question, "Would you go to space?" (We were just asking questions for fun) and she said it would be too empty and scary to do that, so I let that issue slip under the table....

---------- Post added 06-04-11 at 05:17 PM ---------- Previous post was 06-03-11 at 11:53 PM ----------

....when you drive around and you see a Mercury blvd. and Apollo rd. right next to each other and instantly think they are referring to the Manned Spaceflight Programs. (This just happened to me.... the whole time after that I was looking for a Gemini street or something)

Last edited:

iamwearingpants

Just an Earth-bound misfit, I
Reaction score
Well, I kinda was guilt of that, when I had one, then someone randomly asked her the question, "Would you go to space?" (We were just asking questions for fun) and she said it would be too empty and scary to do that, so I let that issue slip under the table....

---------- Post added 06-04-11 at 05:17 PM ---------- Previous post was 06-03-11 at 11:53 PM ----------

....when you drive around and you see a Mercury blvd. and Apollo rd. right next to each other and instantly think they are referring to the Manned Spaceflight Programs. (This just happened to me.... the whole time after that I was looking for a Gemini street or something)

:rofl:

I would do the same thing. Were they named after programs? Or were they named after nature interpretations?

HarvesteR

Reaction score
nah, you can get high enough texture levels from google earth, its not too secret, you just need to spend a couple of lifetimes piecing it all together

yes, only that Goggle Earth's database is 4TB large... You'd need a few extra hard drives for your orbiter installation then :thumbup:

Hmm, let's see...

When you find it strange that people on other forums don't worship the :probe: ...those infidels :facepalm:

Cheers

Grover

Saturn V Misfire
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
yes, only that Goggle Earth's database is 4TB large... You'd need a few extra hard drives for your orbiter installation then :thumbup:

a 4Tb orbiter Installation! Now that is the sign that you ARE addicted to orbiter... or perhaps when you try to make a Shuttle model, with EVERY point accurate to 1mm (that would give a few hundred thousand polys) and a handful of 16384 ^2 textures to make it nice and shiny!

ok, even if we had the time, you'd then need to spend a few thousand on your computer, to handle 4Tb of Earth Surface and 200,000 polygons flying over it...

you know you're [Severely] addicted when the above is your idea of a mild addiction

nygiantsrob

Reaction score
...When You Tell Your Girlfriend That Your Cellphone Isn't Working So You Have Time For One More Attempt At That De-Orbit Burn 8) ...Guilty As Charged, Your Honor ...

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G using Tapatalk