You know you're addicted to Orbiter when...

Linguofreak

Reaction score
Maybe not very Orbiter specific, maybe more of a general 3D software thing, but:

When you hear one girl ask another if she's done any modelling, and almost ask if they've heard about Anim8or.

T.Neo

SA 2010 Soccermaniac
Addon Developer
Reaction score
...when you move like some sort of jet fighter or something and when you run

Guilty in my formative years.

When you hear one girl ask another if she's done any modelling, and almost ask if they've heard about Anim8or.

LOL :lol:. Almost guilty...

AstroCam

Point loud end thataway
Donator
Reaction score
When you run around like a fighter jet with your arms ('wings') extended quoting star trek insurrection while everyone else is playing pokemon stuff.

Ah primary school.....

Also, when you post to this topic. Several times. Like I'm doing now :)

escapetomsfate

OBSP Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
When the first finger on your left hand (The one you use for T) starts twitching manically whilst waiting for a bus, or in an irritating situation :p

When you watch that episode of Futurama when they turn off the ships engines and for some reason it comes to a sudden halt, and you feel VERY ANGRY.

T.Neo

SA 2010 Soccermaniac
Addon Developer
Reaction score
When you refresh the forum every 10 seconds. ;)
Guilty.

You know you're addicted to Orbiter when concerned relatives send you to therapy.
The therapy is unsuccessful, and the therapist becomes addicted to Orbiter himself.

atuhalpa

Orbinaut
Reaction score
When you spend eight plus hours a day analyzing jupiter encounter angles and PeD's and plot the results for slingshots to the Trojans.

n72.75

Move slow and try not to break too much.
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
mwhume.space
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
When you actualy take 10 days to do the NASSP vAGC apollo 7 mission.

Ark

Reaction score
When your computer has been in the shop for the past week and you celebrate finally getting it back by spending 24 hours running Orbiter missions that you spent the last week planning.

Yes, that was me.

Reaction score
when you forget your flying an actual plane and try and go for orbit and stall the engine

(i havent done it but i really want to try :))

or when your girlfriend tells you to stop making "rocket nosies" when driving

when your meant to be concertrating drifting your car and you start to think about how many Gs your pulling and your rear bumper smashes into a wall and gets ripped off

(that was expensive mistake)

James.Denholm

Addon ponderer
Reaction score
When you train your eyes so you can look in two directions at once, like a chameleon, in order to run Orbiter and read the forums at the same time.

adamb193

Lighting Geek
Reaction score
Guilty.

You know you're addicted to Orbiter when concerned relatives send you to therapy.
The therapy is unsuccessful, and the therapist becomes addicted to Orbiter himself.

What's worse is when a Black-ops team inserts via an XR 2, and rescues you and destroys the facility in the escape.

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
What's worse is when a Black-ops team inserts via an XR 2, and rescues you and destroys the facility in the escape.

When you read that post and immediately go to orbithangar.com to see if the black ops skin has been ported to the XR2 and UMMu so you can create that scenario in Orbiter.

James.Denholm

Addon ponderer
Reaction score
When you only walk in elliptical, parabolic or hyperbolic paths, thinking that anything else is either a waste of d/V or physical impossible

doggie015

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
When you read that post and immediately go to orbithangar.com to see if the black ops skin has been ported to the XR2 and UMMu so you can create that scenario in Orbiter.
You read my mind!! How did you do that? :rofl:

TMac3000

Evil Republican
Reaction score
How about (no joke, I actually tried this) when you make a Hohmann trip from Earth to the moon with no cheating time compression. Good thing I had another computer to play with!

PS: I never completed the trip. I was hours from orbital insertion when a breaker tripped and shut down my computer. :censored::dry:

tblaxland

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Webmaster
Reaction score
...when you get this from your wife:
My Dear Husband,

I am sending you this letter via this email, so that you will be sure to read it. Please forgive the interuption, but I thought you should know what has been going on at home since Orbiter entered our lives TWO YEARS AGO. The children are doing well. Tommy is seven now and is a bright, handsome boy. He has developed quite an interest in the arts. He drew a family portrait for a school project, all the figures were good, and the back of your head is very realistic. You should be very proud of him.

Little Jennifer turned three in September. She looks a lot like you did at that age. She is an attractive child and quite smart. She still remembers that you spent the whole afternoon with us on her birthday. What a grand day for Jenny, despite the fact that it was stormy and the electricity was out.

I am doing well. I went blonde about a year ago, and discovered that it really is more fun! George, I mean, Mr. Wilson, the department head, has taken an interest in my career and has become a good friend to us all.

I discovered that the household chores are much easier since I realized that you didn't mind being vacuumed but that feather dusting made you sneeze. The house is in good shape. I had the living room painted last spring; I'm sure you noticed it. I made sure that the painters cut holes in the drop sheet so you wouldn't be disturbed.

Well, my dear, I must be going. Uncle George--err--Mr. Wilson, I mean, is taking us all on a ski trip and there is packing to do. I have hired a housekeeper to take care of things while we are away, she'll keep things in order, fill your coffee cup and bring your meals to your desk, just the way you like it. I hope you and the computer will have a lovely time while we are gone. Tommy, Jenny and I will think of you often. Try to remember us while your scenarios are loading.

Love,
Your Wife

TSPenguin

The Seeker
Reaction score
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
I vote this the best post in this thread so far!