OHM XR2 Configuration Utility

OrbitHangar

Addon Comments
Reaction score

Author: Darkenergy

XR2 Configuration Utility 1.0.0 Read Me

Developed By: Alex Judson ("DarkEnergy")

Overview:
This configuration utility is designed to allow easier manipulation of the XR2
control variables usually hidden in the huge Prefs file. Every variable (omitting a few
until the next version) has been implemented and can easily be changed from the
program through text boxes, combo boxes and check boxes.

Installation:
Simply install with "Setup.exe" after unzipping into a location of your choice. The program should
be executable from the "XR2 Configuration Utility.exe" application file in the start menu.

Problems/Bugs:
This is the very first release of this configuration (and my first ever release of anything)
so they may still be bugs in the code. If you find a bug or problem, please report it on the Orbiter Forums
so I can stamp the little bugger out.

How to Use:
When it is first used, the program will ask you for your Orbiter Path. Browse for it and it will not ask again. All the other keys are relatively straightfoward.

Here is an overview of the menu-
*Save to Orbiter Config- Will save to the path you specified into Orbiter.

*Load from Orbiter Config-Will load your current XR2 prefs.

*Save Setup-Allows you to save your own setups that you can load later. (it does NOT save into Orbiter! Save to Orbiter Config does.)

*Load Setup-Loads any setup of your choice that you have made or downloaded.

DOWNLOAD

Xyon

Puts the Fun in Dysfunctional
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Webmaster
GFX Staff
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-radio.co.uk
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Error message: "Component 'ComDlg32.OCX' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid". Can't run the application.

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
download comdlg32.ocx into windows\system then open up a command prompt and type in regsvr32 comdlg32.ocx

You might need the visual basic (VB) runtimes.

Xyon

Puts the Fun in Dysfunctional
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Webmaster
GFX Staff
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-radio.co.uk
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
I put it in system32 and it worked. Not sure about putting in in system, but so long as the cmd prompt is pointed in the right direction it should be OK...

DarkEnergy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Oh. Sorry, I never realized this thread was here. I didn't know that OrbitHangar automatically sent these here. I am very sorry for not being here to help you with this error.

GaryW's fix will work, but I'll add the fix in the installation by tomorrow. I didn't realize the error because I already had all those files. Only Windows Vista should have this problem though; I'm pretty sure the OS's before all have that file.

Once again, sorry for the delay in my response and I'm glad you got it working.

---------- Post added at 09:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:00 PM ----------

Okay, I made an installation program so that you do not have to go through the hassle of moving all the files yourself and the aforementioned error should be solved. I also fixed some bugs in the code. I will now upload the update to OrbitHangar. Sorry for the inconvenience; I should have beta tested this before release. It should work fine now if you go through the installation.

Last edited:

Woo482

Addon Developer
GFX Staff
Reaction score
The orbiter path is were the "orbiter.exe" is for example C:\Orbiter

distructor20

Reaction score
OK, thanks!

---------- Post added at 03:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:42 PM ----------

Another thing: If i run "Setup.exe",i t says that the files are ''out of date" on my system. What can i do to let it work anyway?

Last edited:

DarkEnergy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Hi Distructor20,

If the files in the installation are out of date compared to the ones on the computer, then don't overwrite any of them. If not, then overwrite the old files. It should work fine either way, but it's good to keep the newer files.

jgrillo2002

Conservative Pioneer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Hi Distructor20,

If the files in the installation are out of date compared to the ones on the computer, then don't overwrite any of them. If not, then overwrite the old files. It should work fine either way, but it's good to keep the newer files.
Doesn't work. I tried replacing files and it still says that the files are out of date. I suggest you use a different installer from now on that is more up to date

Last edited:

DarkEnergy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Yes, it is an ancient installer :lol:. Sorry for any trouble it caused you... Do you by any chance have a new installer to suggest? Preferably free.

Bendarr

Reaction score
Has the problem with the installer been fixed by chance? I tried the installer an dit says that my files out out of date and then it wants to reboot, so I let it reboot and I'm back to square one.

DarkEnergy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I am going to update the installer now so I don't forget. The new update with the new installer should be up soon, hopefully. This thread got buried before I could see the installer suggestion so sorry for the late reply. Thanks for the suggestion jgrillo.

---------- Post added at 08:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:08 PM ----------

Alright, everything went very smoothly and I updated the Configuration Program with the new installer. The new installer is much, much better than what I've been used to for the last 6 years. Thanks again for the suggestion Jgrillo! If there are any problems with the new installer please tell me because I haven't tested it on another computer yet, only mine.

Bendarr

Reaction score
Well, that did the job and it installed. I won't really have too much of a chance to test it out tonight but that seems to have done the trick. Thank you!

DarkEnergy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
No problem, I'm glad it seems to have worked :). Just keep me updated if the program does not work or just any problems in general.

I'll probably update the program soon with a "Failures" tab. Any suggestions and likes/dislikes would be welcome so I know what needs work when I start fixing it up.

audio

Reaction score
I'm a newbie and I've already resurrected two older topics. I apologize.

This seemed to install just fine, but the window that opens up to set the Orbiter path does not seem to work. First, I get an error message that says that (full pathname)\Orbiter/XR2.jpg is not found. Once I 'x' out of that, the 'Set Orbiter Path' window is unresponsive. I can't browse for the location, and if I copy/paste it into the text field clicking OK doesn't do anything. I'm running the 64 bit version of Windows 7. Maybe that's the problem?

MaverickSawyer

Acolyte of the Probe
Reaction score
Sadly, this is a known bug with this addon. I have yet to find anyone that has made this work recently.