News World space agencies publish plans for future space exploration

jangofett287

Heat shield 'tester'
Reaction score
Before this thread disappears down the mineshaft of eternal slightly off topic bickering, I'd just like to say that these plans are all well and good, but what are the chances that most, if any will make it to actually happening, let alone in the state they are in these plans.

Solar424

Reaction score
The main problem with space exploration is that no one is working together. What we need is an international space organization that will have funding from all over the world.

T.Neo

SA 2010 Soccermaniac
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I'd just like to say that these plans are all well and good, but what are the chances that most, if any will make it to actually happening, let alone in the state they are in these plans.

Historically: the chances are very low. Stuff like this has come and gone before, multiple times.

But another thing that might occur, is that it could actually happen- some of it, seldomly, over decades. It could become anemic and sluggish and achieve even less of value than it promises. It could just be kept alive as a nice "flagship".

The main problem with space exploration is that no one is working together. What we need is an international space organization that will have funding from all over the world.

The main problem with space exploration is that nobody takes it seriously. The politicians who are concerned about it usually care about how it can politically benefit them, rather than how they can politically benefit it. It is at best treated as a novelty, at worst subject to having its goals cut and being left existing as a vehicle for corporate welfare.

The only real need seen by governments for space is the launch of military satellites. Commercial satellites sometimes ride on the vehicles that nations keep around for their own space launch needs; none of the serious ones, be they military or civillian observation or communication, involve human spaceflight.

An "international space organisation" with funding from all over the world will just expand that ineptitude to an international scale.

Cooperation can be a good thing, but the core problems need to be fixed first.

Last edited:

FADEC

Reaction score
I fear that the truth is we are not really ready to fly to Mars. It requires a massive program and a propulsion technology which can overcome the issues related to long-term travel. But most importantly space agencies should work together and create a program for goals and not for jobs. I doubt we will see a single nation flying to Mars and based on current propulsion technology in the first half of this century.