Poll Which is the best Dan-Steph Add-On in your opinion?

Which is the best DanSteph Orbiter Add-On in your opinion

• Total voters

theshhh

2 year orbiter player
Reaction score
I meant best to last-best :lol:

Delta4

Hybernating colonist
Reaction score
I think it's the DG-IV. You don't need sound for this masterfully crafted vehicle. The whole thing is a work of art.

quijote

Reaction score
Website
orbiter.es
Either UMMu or OrbiterSound.
I always install first into a fresh Orbiter folder.
For me both are an integral part of Orbiter.
I chose UMM, since it makes the orbiter world more realistic.

Matrix Aran

Reaction score
UMMU and Orbiter Sound are so essential to the Orbiter experience I can't imagine not using them. UCGO had me sold with just the Arrow, as its a ship that so far, I've yet to see matched by any other add-on when it comes to interplanetery flights. The DGIV only comes in last because I've been unable to use it for so long ever since I migrated to the graphics clients. It has some much welcomed extra pilot workload that sets it apart from the XR series with a few extra subsystems to manage, while also including a very robust autopilot system.

Fisherman

Reaction score
I can have any number of DGIVs sitting next to eachother all ready for launch and I can quickly cycle through each one and hit the execute button....

Yeah, I've done that a couple of times. I like to line up two or three DGIV's, set the program, set the ground view so that they'll fly over me after takeoff and then slow the time down all the way and cycle through and hit execute. My favorite skin is John Deere.

I voted for DGIV in case you didn't guess. LOL

csanders

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I think one of the more under-rated features of the DGIV is the "remote thrust" timer. It works great for plane-alignment burns - here's how:

- Open plane alignment MFD, select target.
- Go into "Orbit Normal" autopilot ("+" if coming up on DN; "-" for AN) Wait... You guys should already know this. Anyway...
- When Tn is around a 200, hit main thruster ("+" key) for second to calibrate the MFD.
- The "Est thrust T" will now give a good estimate of how many seconds of 100% main thrust is needed to align plane (the "TthA" value).
- Around 60 seconds (assuming TthA is less than 30), use the translation forward/back thrusters to get the TthA value to a nice round number. E.g. if TthA is 15.31, hit forward until it reads 15.00.
- On the "Remote Thrust" panel of the DGIV, change "Select Power" to "Main 50%"
- Make "Burn Duration" twice "TthA". E.g. if TthA is 15.00, make burn duration 30.
- put 10 seconds on the "Countdown"
- When "Tn" equals "TthA" + 10 seconds (you put 10 seconds on the countdown), hit the "Start/Stop" button for the "Remote Thrust"
- Sit back and enjoy a near perfect alignment.

Protip: This method works great for aligning multiple ships flying in formation.

Yeah, I've done that a couple of times. I like to line up two or three DGIV's, set the program, set the ground view so that they'll fly over me after takeoff and then slow the time down all the way and cycle through and hit execute. My favorite skin is John Deere.

I voted for DGIV in case you didn't guess. LOL
Love the auto-pilots! The DGIV's atmospheric auto is also good for formation flying.

It's also fun to do simultaneous reentries.

multireentry.jpg

multireentry2.jpg

multireentry3.jpg

multireentry4.jpg

multireentry5.jpg

multireentry6.jpg

Last edited: