Which is best version of NASSP to run. version 6.4.3 or Beta 7?

aries197012

Reaction score
Which is the best version of NASSP to run, Version 6.4.3 or Beta 7?

gimp1992

Reaction score
If you want to do a full mission use 6.4.3, because I berlieve only Apollo 7 can be done with Beta 7. Also 7 is still a Beta so there are still some bugs to be ironed out.

Saturn V

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
If you want to do a full mission use 6.4.3, because I berlieve only Apollo 7 can be done with Beta 7. Also 7 is still a Beta so there are still some bugs to be ironed out.

That's why I more or less gave up on NASSP and started flying AMSO. Don't get me wrong, I thought NASSP was first rate (still do), but sometimes I can't help wondering if there will ever be another finished, stable version.

movieman

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I'm 99% sure you can do a full mission, but the LEM isn't well supported yet (e.g. many onboard systems aren't emulated and the Virtual AGC doesn't really work).

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
NASSP 6.4.3 if you plan on landing on the moon. If you're just going to skip the parts of the missions that involve the LM, you could use the beta. The last time I checked, I believe the LM's descent engine worked, but the RCS did not, and I don't believe staging was possible.

tblaxland

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Webmaster
Reaction score
From the Project Apollo wiki:
"As of the writing of this, it is entirely possible to get to the moon and back in quick start ("Orbiter") mode." (EDIT: with 7.0 Beta, that is).