Where to Vinka's DLLs Go?

Bullethead

Reaction score
Website
www.stormeaglestudios.com
Title says the question. Vinka's site has no info on usage and all the add-ons just say "spacecraft3.dll and/or multi-stage required", but assume you know what to do with it. But I don't. So where to put these things?

Thanks.

Edit: thread title should be "do", not "to". Too much whiskey tonight

Zatnikitelman

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
The .dll files themselves should go in the "orbiter_base/modules" folder. The .ini files which define vessels made with them should go in "orbiter_base/config/spacecraft" and the name of the ini file is the name of the vessel.

NukeET

Gen 1:1
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Website
sites.google.com
Title says the question. Vinka's site has no info on usage and all the add-ons just say "spacecraft3.dll and/or multi-stage required", but assume you know what to do with it. But I don't. So where to put these things?

Thanks.

Edit: thread title should be "do", not "to". Too much whiskey tonight

He may answer this question himself. I just noticed he joined this forum today.

:welcome::cheers:

n0mad23

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
Bullethead,

I think you'll find Vinka's Spacecraft and Multistage dll's are required by many, if not most addons that are available. It's the way many developers add animations to their addons. Good for you in finding them and installing them so soon.

Also, should you ever decide to dive in and give addon creation a try (nudge, nudge), Vinka's work will allow you to do things that push the project into the realm you'll want.

Ar81 comes to mind here: "all Orbiters are potential mod creators," to paraphrase one of the greats. This is another chap whose work you'll want to keep your eyes open for. He's written some of the best tutorials not only for addon creation, but for useful guides to space navigation.

Last edited: