Question What are you reading?

DanM

Поехали!
Reaction score
Just finished George Orwell's Homage to Catalonia, something I would strongly recommend.

About to start Baxter's Manifold: Origin or reread Voyage. Also planning to read James Hogan's Gentle Giants of Ganymede.

fsci123

Future Dubstar and Rocketkid
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I started reading "The Leftovers" Friday after seeing the tv adaptation trailer... I like the whole premise of a non-spiritual rapture thing.

Realizing that the location of the book takes place a few miles west of your house:woohoo:

Castor

Reaction score
After reading "Prey" and "Airframe", I'm on a Crichton spree. Now reading "Timeline".

Unstung

Reaction score
I've finished Fahrenheit 451 and am now reading The Martian Chronicles. I can't help but notice something about the latter; Bradbury was very wrong. :p

DanM

Поехали!
Reaction score
I've finished Fahrenheit 451 and am now reading The Martian Chronicles. I can't help but notice something about the latter; Bradbury was very wrong. :p

I remember reading Dark They Were, and Golden Eyed in a high school English class. It almost played out like a black comedy.

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
Just about to finish The Fall of Berlin, by Anthony Read, and David Fisher. Great book that follows the lives of Berliners from the 1936 Fall Olympics to the last hours of the war.

Castor

Reaction score
Currently reading:

"Orbit" by John J. Nance

To read later this week:

"The Terminal Man" by Michael Crichton
"Time Travel in Einstein's Universe" by J. Richard Gott

mjanicki

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I'm reading The Weird of the White Wolf as part of my re-reading of the entire Elric saga by Michael Moorcock.

Even having read the saga multiple times, I still enjoy the characters, story, and writing as if each read were the first.

steph

Reaction score
Started reading A Song of Ice and Fire, mainly out of curiosity. At first I was astonished how well the movie respected the books, but after a while differences appear. Which is quite a good thing IMHO, a bit of "fresh air" It also allows the reader to construct a different mental image of the characters than that from the movies.

mode1bravo

El Hombre Nuclear
Reaction score
Tracking Apollo to the Moon by Hamish Lindsay

Missed out on the first edition. Glad I picked up a copy (reprint). Superb book! :)

Last edited:

llarian

Reaction score
And now for something completely different ... I've been reading "Where Troy Once Stood" by Iman Wilkins.

This book explores the theory that Homer's Troy is actually in England, and not in Turkey.

fsci123

Future Dubstar and Rocketkid
Addon Developer
Reaction score
For school I'm required to read "crime and punishment"

DanM

Поехали!
Reaction score
The Pleasure of Finding Things Out by Richard Feynman.

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
I just started Space Battleship Scharnhorst (and the Library of Doom). This will be followed immediately by Neoliberal Economists Must Die!

I'm really starting to like Old Guy (really what's not to love about a self aware cybernetic killing machine?) Cybertanks Rule!