Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Please, that's just roads.
How about trying to lower a bulldozer into a river lock with too small a crane?

MaverickSawyer

Acolyte of the Probe
Reaction score
:blink: That operator got REALLY lucky that he had a clear path to escape without getting hit by something...

FADEC

Reaction score
Good instructor. Good student pilot also.

---------- Post added 03-11-13 at 12:39 PM ---------- Previous post was 03-10-13 at 10:23 PM ----------

I came across extra footage from In the Shadow of the Moon.

I don't know if it was posted already (I'm too lazy to search :p).

Anyway, here it is:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUu6LZXE-uc"]In the Shadow of the Moon - Extra Behind the Shadow, extra footage - YouTube[/ame]

FADEC

Reaction score
Engine failure shortly after take off. Good example of how to keep a cool head while you can't really stop the physical reactions in such a situation:

All electrics dead (starting at 18:40):

Nice flight with a Piper Warrior:

FADEC

Reaction score
467256_198412066926470_595057133_o.jpg

Juergen Raps, a former German pilot with Lufthansa, retired last year. He didn't only circumnavigate the world 375 times (including 1500 intercontinental flights) during his 41 years he served as an airline pilot. He also was leader of the Lufthansa flight school and flew the 727 and early 737 series. He did several test- and ferry flights of new aircraft for Lufthansa, and towards the end of his career he got the chance to also fly the A380 (beside the A330 and A340 "of course"). Not many pilots flew the 727, the early 737's, most Airbuses including the A380 altogether.

During his last flight he got his own call sign from Air Traffic Control: "J.R. one super", and he was permitted to perform a low approach at Germanys biggest airport (Frankfurt; also the home airport of Lufthansa) with the A380 during his "final" approach. And as if that weren't enough: he got water cannons during taxi in (also during taxi out in the USA before his last departure) and he was allowed to drive on the apron with his new Harley Davidson, which was just one another leaving present. I think there is nothing more which an airline can do to honor one of its (probably best) pilots.

His last flight was recorded by PilotsEye.tv As usual, they made a great docu of it. And I think it might be inspiring for one or two young members of the orbiter community, which might dream of becoming an airline pilot. Especially the interview with Juergen Raps (at the end he gives a great advice, which I haven't heard from other airline pilot so far...).

English subtitles available!

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I can't believe I only recently discovered this band. Celtic Rock, but lots of traditional-style songs as well, such as this one.

Now more than ever, inspired to dig into my genealogy. This music has always stirred something deep within me. I feel a longing, and strangely, a sadness, to visit Scotland someday soon. I've never been directly told I have Scottish heritage for sure, dad seemed to think it was in there somewhere. I just feel it in my soul.

MaverickSawyer

Acolyte of the Probe
Reaction score
I see your Celtic classic, and raise you a modern Celtic war song... to the Avengers vs. Chitauri battle. :cool:

FADEC

Reaction score
Last night there was a documentary on German television regarding LSD. I watched it as it turned out to be interesting because there are some myths obviously. I'm not a friend of drugs, as long as they're used as drugs (i.e. by everyone just for fun and party until it becomes out of control). But in a scientific context and under controlled conditions to help people it might be interesting/helpful...