Vessel Velcro Rockets + AMSO

sat1b

Reaction score
Ok, I'm not a developer, but just an idea here:

Making the Saturn Rockets from Velcro, including the fictional variants with an AMSO CSM upper stage.

Just an idea...

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
There is a [ame="http://orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=3389"]Velcro Saturns[/ame] addon. AFAIK you cannot use AMSO vessels outside of the included scenarios, so putting that CSM on a Velcro stack is no-go. You might try NASSP, they're much less strict with their security measures, but their vessels are many times more complex (among the most complex vessels for Orbiter,) and take a very long time to learn to use. I don't know of any other Apollo addons. :shrug:

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
First, welcome to the forums. :welcome:

It's already available on OrbitHangar, the place where to search first :

[ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=3389"]Velcro Saturns v1.1[/ame]

Edit : :ninja:

sat1b

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome; so I take it that using AMSO CSM as a payload is no-go? I use SKylab 1973w/ AMSO, which just uses a Saturn 1B with the CSM, so I thought it was possible, but there's obviously more going on than I thought. I just thought it would be kinda cool to fly all the fictional Velcro Saturn rockets with a CSM payload in lieu of the generic "Probe"

Wolfer

Miniature Giant Space Hamster
Reaction score
I've used CSMs atop Velcro Saturns many times without any problem. The mesh is protected, so you can't add it with the scenario editor, otherwise it will be all scrambled. But I had no problem adding it by editing the .scn file.