Advanced Question Updated to p1 - can't set breakpoints anymore

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I just updated to 2010 P1, and continued developement on Orbiter Galaxy. However, since the switch to P1, I can't trigger any breakpoints in visual studio anymore (which makes debugging rather difficult, obviously).

When I set a breakpoint and then run the code, the breakpoint becomes inactive. When I move the mouse over it it says "the breakpoint can currently not be reached. No symbols have been loaded for this document". I know this hapens if I run code that's not actualised (contains changes from last build and wasn't re-built), so I rebuilt the code, then completely rebuilt it, all with the same result.

Using VS 2005 Express. Does anyone have an Idea what could be the problem here?

Mindblast

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.nestadlinn.de
Works fine here.. (VS2008 Pro) The breakpoint appears inactive until the dll is loaded by the Orbiter.exe though. But this is nothing new.

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Never mind, the problem was that in some weird way, copying the patchfiles over the old installation messed up my output path in Visual Studio (??). So, the dll that ran wasn't the dll Visual Studio was currently linked to, no wonder it wouldn't trigger any breakpoints.