Problem Universal Cargo Deck: Moving my payloads around

Astro SG Wise

Future Orion MPCV Pilot
Reaction score
Website
www.aesd.blogspot.com
I am trying to make an addon using Universal Cargo Deck to operate all of the jettison functions. I use a UCD* to hold three other UCDs, and that is attached to my Delta IV rocket. When I detach the Delta IV second stage (click J on Delta4, not UCD), the second stage moves backwards into the 1st stage, but my payloads stay in the same place. I have tried this more than once, and every time this happens, I have to move my payloads back along the z axis to match the second stage again. Is there any way to fix this? :idk:

*UCD = Universal Cargo Deck

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
UCD is a strange animal. I'm afraid all I use it for is and occasional attachment to a shuttle payload as a 'dummy' to send more than one payload aboard shuttle fleet when the attachment points don't line up like I need.

Also use it to attach a grapple point to the my space stations so I can use the SSRMS.

Astro SG Wise

Future Orion MPCV Pilot
Reaction score
Website
www.aesd.blogspot.com
So, what can I use to give other spacecraft attatch points and payload connections. I am trying to get a spacecraft on top of a Delta IV. They are not made in the same addon, so I tried using UCD. Is there some other thing I can use? :coffee:

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
If you are using [ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=5556"]Delta IV Launch Vehicles 3.0[/ame] then I'm pretty sure the documentation tells you how to modify a config file to make it 'compatible' with the method that he used to load cargo onto the rocket.

Now about having it hold more than one payload, I don't know how to do. I've got a few ideas but I'm not sure I could express them properly. It'd be using a dummy mesh and attachment points.

Astro SG Wise

Future Orion MPCV Pilot
Reaction score
Website
www.aesd.blogspot.com
I am using Delta IV Launch Vehicles 3.0, but the problem is that the spacecraft I want to get on top of the rocket has no singular mesh file. It is Francis Drake's Orion.

CEV-Orion.cfg
?????????.msh

When I look, it seems to have one for everything, but not one to include all of them together.