dansteph

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbiter.dansteph.com
:shrug:...mmm not so funny.... courage

All is reworking yet (had to reinstall XP) but I just bought a new HD a new power supply and will install both and reinstall XP and all my applications.
My HD had error so I can't trust it anymore and the supply is noisy, not a good sign.

Ca tombe bien j'avais justement rien à faire ces temps
smilie8.gif
0002.gif

Hey, Dan, if you like the idea then it will be a greenlight for me to start de Void Buggy Project, finish this mesh, texture it and release it with your future "UCGO SDK" configurations applied.

For cars no need any programming, just a simple config file.

Well, seem I have some more work :)

Dan

alrik

Alrik
Reaction score
I think i'm gonna start to develope an arrow companion (Gruya01) :) with mmu, and a nuclear reactor (Waiting with impatience your UCGO here hehe)...

gruya01.png

Will have also a nose cone with docking port, an airlock on the right with a ladder for MMU's and a cargo bay in wich a delta glider can enter and dock with the mothership.

My idea of the nuclear reactor will be like a box (I gess with UCGO) that in some circunstances can explode and need to be launched away from the ship. Then the ship remain unpowered (With no fuel) waiting for another reactor that needs to be launched on another ship or whatever.

The idea itself its really complex but i think it can be done... The 3D model is mostly done... i've started today with the dll module.

I really dont know how much time i will need to complete this thing... but at least i've got more or less all the model (More detailed than the one on the image but needs a little more texturing).

:cheers:

Ark

Reaction score
The swing wings are a neat idea. :thumbup:

Needs moar VC. :lol:

alrik

Alrik
Reaction score
xD Need's a lot of tweaking but... eh! its my first addon xD and im horrible with modelling hehe

---------- Post added at 11:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:28 PM ----------

Dan i have a question, i was thinking about what would happen if two spaceships docked one inside the bay of another one during the reentry, specially talking about the DGIV it will destroy? Or in safe mode never happen that?

I was making the dock ports of the Gruya01 while that idea comes to my mind xD

Oh and last pic of Gruya01
gruya01pic.png

Last edited:

Ark

Reaction score
That's a good point. With the nosecone open, a DGIV would just fry. Even if it was closed, you'd have to reenter with an AoA that's within the DGIV's range.

Probably why he designed the Arrow to land on low-gravity, low-atmosphere bodies, not the Earth.

Chupacabra

Reaction score
Actually, the last time I flew the DGIV, I believed Dan had incorporated the necessary feature of disabling temperature checks while in safe mode. That is how it became possible to launch the DGIV on the Energia, Tx, and other launchers.

However, landing while docked will still cause a problem as that is a bug with the orbiter-core. (Just in case that was planned to follow reentry. :) )

Ark

Reaction score
What actually happens, does it just force it to undock?

Just thinking, you could open the bay doors, deploy the gear on the DGIV, then land and drop it on your target.

sunshine135

All Around Good Guy
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Remember- Arrow was not designed to land with the docked ship- especially on Earth. It will never take off again.

dansteph

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbiter.dansteph.com
Geee... as said above My XP broke due probably to a HD malfunction and I reinstalled all fresh on a new disk including all required tool (Vc++, 3dmax etc.)

All is nominal yet, I didn't lost one bit of UCGO so I can continue has if nothing happened.

I lost two days of work but I have a fresh environnment & XP, that's nice. After four years an install become a big fat things with a lot of useless files.

Dan

Bj

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-forum.com
Woh make sure you don't loose all your work... you can store a copy of UCGO on my computer if you want :thumbup:

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Same here...

Xyon

Puts the Fun in Dysfunctional
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Webmaster
GFX Staff
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-radio.co.uk
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Let's not talk of Dan losing it. Either his mind or his work. (By the way, though, 10GB would go on two DVDs, or thereabouts...)

As most others have said, this looks amazing. I did a literal jawdrop while reading this seeing that VC for the Arrow (just now, I've been catching back up with the progress of this mod) and can't wait for Tuesday!

On a scale of one to ten this scores an awesome.incredible. :p Hail :dan: :D

Also, I'll jump right in and offer you some space on my HDD for to store UCGO. :p

dansteph

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbiter.dansteph.com
I can't resist to post my new EMPTY desktop (2560x1024 originally) :)
The middle toolbar appear on the right of the left screen (dual screen) so there is no problem when I switch to one screen only.

bureauvide2009.jpg

Sometime it's good to pause and reorganise things instead of running everywhere, it's a gain of time.

I'll reinstall a fresh and empty orbiter and use JSGME to keep all my UCGO file as if it was a mod. Using such technic I'll not have any problem to pack the addons. (else it's a puzzle, I must find all files and copy them in a external directory tree before packing, one file missing and here's a bug. UCGO & UMMU have 355 files in 52 directory actually)

yeah dan if you lost it i would of and then

All sources and files are yet on 4 differents disk and two USB key... of course if my house burn I might loose them but in this case I'll probably have other priority than UCGO ;)

Dan

Last edited:

Xyon

Puts the Fun in Dysfunctional
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Webmaster
GFX Staff
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-radio.co.uk
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Beautiful background, Dan. I think I have that same XP skin, somewhere... clutter on the desktop annoys me, though, so I always have a clear empty desktop.

Woo482

Addon Developer
GFX Staff
Reaction score
wow that's a big desktop ! I can't wait for the next update you post