OHM UCGO Gantry Mark 2

OrbitHangar

Addon Comments
Reaction score

Author: paddy2

Please find The Mark Two version of the UCGO Gantry

New style, Up to 6 visible crew, New Diagnostic Station at rear

Designed to service Delta Gliders on The Moon and on Mars, The Gantry can take 6 crew and 8 cargo modules. The MK2 builds on the lessons learned by the Mk1 and adds new functions.

Still using very simple components it can easily be assembled off world. It acts as a cargo transporter, a crew delivery vehicle and a maintenance platform.

The six crew slots are intended to be a Crew Chief plus the DGIV's Captain and 4 crew. The 8 cargo slots allow for quick turnaround, arriving at the landing pad with 4 full/new pods and leaving with 4 empty/delivered pods.

The gantry can manoeuvre over a DGIV with its Cargo Bay doors open as the central cargo area is elevated. In Situ two working platforms fold down to near wing level and are held in place with a rotatable restraint. The gantry also has a short range 3D Imaging radar which coupled with its Thin Dropdown Marker ( DTM ) allow for accurate placement over the DGIV.

With 4 interdependently driven wheels housed in the crew seating stations, the Gantry can approach a DGIV on a type one landing pad and when finished manoeuvre off the Pad via the entrance without reversing should the need arise.

Keys (modified from Mk1)

1 Platform Rest Restraint

2 Port Side Working Platform

3 Starboard Side Working Platform

4 Diagnostic Station at rear

5 3D Imaging Radar

plus standard UCGO controls for driving/steering/crew/cargo

----------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------

It really goes without saying it Requires UCGO and While it will work with stock Delta Glider its best with a DGIV. Unzip from Orbiter directory maintaining folders.

Again it was only possible thanks to awesome work done by “DAN”. Inspired by the work and help of such as “4thRock” “ar81” “csanders” “cpnt_hensley2” “orb” and of course “wehaveaproblem” for showing what can be done.

DOWNLOAD

paddy2

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I know it makes me seem "needy" but its been a week and no comments, good or bad!!

BruceJohnJennerLawso

Dread Lord of the Idiots
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I know it makes me seem "needy" but its been a week and no comments, good or bad!!

I like it, but I dont know how much I will use it, given that most of my flights involve wingless ships. We should keep one on standby in the Iron Hill Project :thumbup:

paddy2

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Thanks gents. ( Yeah I was being needy!!)

Interceptor

Reaction score
I like it's very good Paddy,it could use a liitle better speed control,and if there was someway of grabbing the UCGO cargo from the DGIV to the gantry cargo platform,and vice versa with out it having to load it on the ground first,would be awesome,thanks for making this:cheers:

paddy2

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
from the DGIV to the gantry cargo platform

It a function of the UCGO and outside my control I'm sorry to say.

I played with the speed/power control and if set too low it would be a while before it started to move from a standing start, if set higher than fine control was not so easy.

You can always play with the setting in the file "orbiter\confif\vessels\UCGO\Cars\PADDYgANTRYmK2.cfg"

setting is called "EnginePower"

It is just a text file so easy to read and play with,
will have to change it save it and reload orbiter each time.

Would be interested in knowing if you come up with a better value as it may have something to do with each ones own PC

Glad you liked it, what did you think of the toolkit!!!

paddy2

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I have just started using the D3D9 client for my video and have found that the inter mesh does not display. It comes up ok on the internal client i.e orbiter.exe but not on orbiter_ng.exe

Is it just me or are you too nice to comment?

PennyBlack

Altea Development Team
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
pennyblack.yolasite.com
Is it just me

Yes mate, it's you. :lol:

I just downloaded and installed your addon and got it working in a scn (scenario). I can see what you mean, the internal mesh isn't visable. But I think its a standard bug, not sure. On the facility, when you go F1, you get missing meshes, leaving doors ect visable even when they open into the building walls. It also happens when I switch to other vericles in cockpit mode. Maybe it's my setup. I can offer no help, sorry.

paddy2

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Thanks so much for your time sir, I will just go back to using the built in client.