Question Typical time to vet addons and post them in Orbit Hangar?

Gothmog

Reaction score
I see from a quick search that this question has been brought up a couple of times already, but also note that the threads are old--well past the point where it wouldn't be necroposting to bump them. And more importantly, I don't know if the information offered there is still current. So...I need to bring a couple of questions about this to the forum now.

First, is Vash still the admin for Orbit Hangar? If not, then who is?

Secondly, when I submitted my add on, the confirmation page indicated that there was typically a lead time of 24 hours before an addon would be checked over to assure that they were spam free and then to publish it. (Or possibly contact the uploader in case there was some reason the addon couldn't be released.) But now it's been over a week and I haven't heard a thing.

Should I resubmit it? Should i come up with a flashier description and more pictures to sell it?

Xyon

Puts the Fun in Dysfunctional
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Webmaster
GFX Staff
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-radio.co.uk
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Hi Gothmog,

Firstly, my apologies; I've somewhat taken over from Vash in the OHM administrative role, but my free time lately has been quite poor, so the addon vet time is a little longer than it should be at the moment. I did check the queue last week, but I guess you must've uploaded your addon since then.

I've got a few questions about your addon which I'll raise with you privately now that I've actually taken a look at what you've submitted.

As a general note, for others in the situation of waiting an unreasonable amount of time, drop me a PM here on O-F and I'll generally be able to take a quick look in the queue. I will caveat that 24 hours is probably not what I'd consider to be unreasonable, since the site does suggest that's how long it should take.

Gothmog

Reaction score
Hi Gothmog,

Firstly, my apologies; I've somewhat taken over from Vash in the OHM administrative role, but my free time lately has been quite poor, so the addon vet time is a little longer than it should be at the moment. I did check the queue last week, but I guess you must've uploaded your addon since then.

I've got a few questions about your addon which I'll raise with you privately now that I've actually taken a look at what you've submitted.

As a general note, for others in the situation of waiting an unreasonable amount of time, drop me a PM here on O-F and I'll generally be able to take a quick look in the queue. I will caveat that 24 hours is probably not what I'd consider to be unreasonable, since the site does suggest that's how long it should take.

Considering what I have just learned the approval process involves, and that there seems usually to be just one admin, I don't think one day is nearly enough for an average turnaround.

Xyon

Puts the Fun in Dysfunctional
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Webmaster
GFX Staff
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-radio.co.uk
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Considering what I have just learned the approval process involves, and that there seems usually to be just one admin, I don't think one day is nearly enough for an average turnaround.

Turnaround, probably not. Initial response, it doesn't seem unreasonable.

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com

Please remember that ALL the staff here are volunteers and as such, our time can be diverted elsewhere. We do try and respond as quickly as possible but sometimes we hit that "perfect storm" where we are busy with work or family commitments.