Problem Trouble creating Deepstar2.1 Scenario

OneTinSoldier

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Hi all,

I am having trouble creating a Deepstar2.1 Scenario and wanted to know if anyone has any ideas.

1) I load a scenario where I have a ship in orbit where I would like to put the Deepstar.

2) I load up the scenario, get all the orbital figures/parameters of my current ship from the scenario editor.

3) Then I use the scenario editor to create a new ship, the Deepstar of course.

4) Then I put in all the orbital figures for the Deepstar that I got from my original ship(where I want the Deepstar to be).

5) Then I save the scenario with Ctrl+S.

6) I edit the new scenario file to remove my original ship.

When I open up the new scenario with Deepstar2.1 in it, I have no rotational or linear thruster control(I didn't try the main engines, no reason to try them yet for me). Originally I tried setting up this scenario by editing a scenario file by hand, and had the same problem. I thought maybe it was something I did wrong and decided to try the scenario editor to add the ship in. Still doesn't work. I get no control over the Deepstar's thrusters, I just get a pretty ship to look at.

Any ideas? Thanks

EDIT: If I load up one of the scenario files that comes with Deepstar(Jupiter Encounter.scn), then the ship controls work fine.

---------- Post added at 07:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:31 PM ----------

Well, I just figured out what the problem seemed to be. In the scenario file I need the "System" to be...

System Deepstar2.1/Sol

instead of just...

System Sol

Last edited: