Support TransX and docked vessels

Nemoricus

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
The scenario is one of the standard DGIV mission scenarios, [hard long] Martin Bound VEEP.

I'll have the exact instructions up in a moment.

Step 1: While docked to the station, pull up TransX in both windows. Set Titan target as escape, Saturn target as escape, and Sun target as Mars.

Step 2: Switch to maneuver mode in stage one. Increase the prograde velocity change until an orbit appears in stage three.

Step 3: Attempt to switch to burn view. CTD.

This all has to be done while remaining docked to the station.

Alternatively, use the default DG docked to ISS scenario, bring up TransX, set target to none, and increase prograde velocity in maneuver to 11 or 12k. Attempt to switch to burn view. CTD.

Again, this has to be done while docked to the station.

Last edited:

agentgonzo

Grounded since '09
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
orbiter.quorg.org
OK, cheers for this. Given that you are moving such a large mass I would guess that your plan has more delta-V than your remaining fuel will allow which will screw up the maths, but I'll take a look at it (probably Thursday at the earliest).
Note to self: Source code repository

agentgonzo

Grounded since '09
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
orbiter.quorg.org
The scenario is one of the standard DGIV mission scenarios, [hard long] Martin Bound VEEP.

I'll have the exact instructions up in a moment.

Step 1: While docked to the station, pull up TransX in both windows. Set Titan target as escape, Saturn target as escape, and Sun target as Mars.

Step 2: Switch to maneuver mode in stage one. Increase the prograde velocity change until an orbit appears in stage three.

Step 3: Attempt to switch to burn view. CTD.

This all has to be done while remaining docked to the station.

Alternatively, use the default DG docked to ISS scenario, bring up TransX, set target to none, and increase prograde velocity in maneuver to 11 or 12k. Attempt to switch to burn view. CTD.

Again, this has to be done while docked to the station.
I'm not getting a CTD at all in this scenario. I'm trying it on a stock orbiter install with the DGIV installed. That's it. I tried with both the DGIV scenario and the ISS scenario. Neither came up with a CTD. Any advice on how to re-create it?

Nemoricus

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Hmm....I just tried it on a stock installation myself and got nothing. However, I still get it on my main installation, so there must be a conflict somewhere in my add-ons. I'll investigate and see if I can turn up anything.

agentgonzo

Grounded since '09
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
orbiter.quorg.org
Hmm....I just tried it on a stock installation myself and got nothing. However, I still get it on my main installation, so there must be a conflict somewhere in my add-ons. I'll investigate and see if I can turn up anything.
OK, if you can find out any more then let me know and I'll try and sort it out.
In the meantime, I've uploaded a new version here that doesn't print out the stack mass as debug info.