General Question Timer (Sim) Question

Beck

Reaction score
I’m using Order 2006 and flying the shuttle Atlantis. In the upper right corner of the screen, it says “Sim” and there is a timer. When restarting a saved simulation, I noticed that the timer has been reset to zero. Is there a way to restart a saved simulation with the timer starting at the same point it left off when simulation was saved?

Thanks.

Beck

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
No, because sim time is the time for which the session has been running. What you're looking for (actual time in the simulation) is the mission time displayed in MJD, displayed somewhere in the top right of the screen.

Beck

Reaction score
Aw geez, I didn't even notice that the MJD display was a timer. Thank you for pointing it out to me. I don't think it is quite what I am looking for, but I'll consult the documentation and play around with it a bit. What is the unit of time that MJD uses? I don't think it is a second.

In the perfect world I am looking for a sim timer that after restarting retains the session time (making it a mission elapsed time timer) so that after shutting it down and restarting that I can say that x number of seconds after launch (instead of x number of seconds in this session plus some other number of seconds from the initial session) such and such an event occurred. I suspect that such a feature doesn't exist in the main software. But does anyone know if it is available in an Add-On?