Update thor is ready!!

pilotpercy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
hey guys, just giving you an update on thor.

the acutal reusable craft "thor" is ready, all programed, textured and everything.

ive found out how to animate now aswell, so the skids it lands on retract for less drag, the control surfaces (all fully animated) are stowed away in the aft of the craft during launch and are deployed after the fairing has seperated.

upon landing a parachute is deployed with a fully animated hatch and delayed chute release.

ive put up a few sneek peeks,

the first is thor on the strip prior to take off (this was only for flight tests, when relesed it will ride atop "the hammer", a multistage rocket, within a protective fairing.

the second is thor landing using its parachute to slow down.

the third demonstrates thor's heat shield

the fourth show thor with the control surfaces all folded away, as it will be during launch.

just starting work on "the hammer" now so the whole package will be avalable on OH soon!!

Attachments

• thor.jpg
    thor.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 70
  • thor landing.jpg
    thor landing.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 48
  • thor heat shield.JPG
    thor heat shield.JPG
    58.3 KB · Views: 47
  • thor folded.JPG
    thor folded.JPG
    16.8 KB · Views: 30

pilotpercy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
sorry about the delay with this guys. uni is a nightmare at the moment with my dissertation in in 3 days. my last exam is on the 28th of this month so after that ill be able to put my efforts back into this addon.

pilotpercy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
update

Hey guys, sorry ive been away for a while, been moving and just started my engineering doctorate :). Bad news about thor and the hammer, hard drive got completly buggered so ive lost everything to do with the project. i did back it up but the usb seems to have run off so it looks like im starting again from scratch!

good to be back in the game though.