Request The Phoenix from star trek First Contact

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Haven't tried it myself, but there is this one. [ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=2835"]Phoenix 2.0[/ame]

Loru

Retired Staff Member
Retired Staff
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Trying the Phoenix mod is the same as red letter search function?

Your point eludes me.

It was suggestion for jjake101 to use this function. :p

BruceJohnJennerLawso

Dread Lord of the Idiots
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Same as search function on Orbit Hangar Mods

If I might point out something, the search function on OHM is actually not very effective on occasion. For example, try searching "docking port revealer".

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
If I might point out something, the search function on OHM is actually not very effective on occasion.
Searching for "Phoenix" in Spacecraft category gives 6 results when searched in all fields, and 4 results when searched in add-on names. Only 3 of 6 or 1 of 4 aren't the requested Phoenix spacecraft, and the remaining 3 are different versions of it (1.01, 1.02, 2.0), released by the same person. :shrug:

BruceJohnJennerLawso

Dread Lord of the Idiots
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Searching for "Phoenix" in Spacecraft category gives 6 results when searched in all fields, and 4 results when searched in add-on names. Only 3 of 6 or 1 of 4 aren't the requested Phoenix spacecraft, and the remaining 3 are different versions of it (1.01, 1.02, 2.0), released by the same person. :shrug:

yes, but try searching "docking port revealer"

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
yes, but try searching "docking port revealer"

But why should I search it, since the request is "The Phoenix from star trek First Contact"? :shrug:

Did you try searching just for "revealer", or just in add-on names?

BruceJohnJennerLawso

Dread Lord of the Idiots
Addon Developer
Reaction score
But why should I search it, since the request is "The Phoenix from star trek First Contact"? :shrug:

Did you try searching just for "revealer", or just in add-on names?

My point is that the search function sometimes doesnt even come close to what you're looking for. Searching for the add-on of the same name

[ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=3437"]http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=3437[/ame]

doesnt even bring up the right result until page 7 of 22. (probably because the add-on is listed as Docking_Port_Revealer )

My point is that sometimes people do have a legitimate reason for asking for help in these things. Posting a thread here on the forums also allows regular users to post suggestions as to which add-on is the best available.

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
It was compiled for Orbiter 2006-P1. It'll work fine with that.

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
It didn't work my installation of Orbiter (100830) :(

It was compiled for Orbiter 2006-P1. It'll work fine with that.

It's a Spacecraft- and mulistage-based vessel/scenario, so with some file tweaking for the 2010 client it should be feasible to get it working. I'm at work now, so I can't test it, but I'll try it this evening and if I get it working will post my solution.

---------- Post added 05-14-13 at 08:53 AM ---------- Previous post was 05-13-13 at 01:38 PM ----------

I didn't have a chance yesterday to fire up Orbiter. Will try to get it going this evening and let you know.

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Ok, I have this up and running in 2010P1. You'll need to do the following.

From this website
1. Install Spacecraft3 full package and the 2006P1 Patch
2. Install multistage2 full package (no need to install the stage patch from here as you'll be replacing stage.dll anyway in the next step).

3. Install BrianJ's [ame="http://orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=4661"]Stage patch for Orbiter 2010[/ame]
Change the following line in the scenario file
from this:
Code:
launchkomp:Spacecraft\phoenix
to this:
Code:
launchkomp:Spacecraft\Spacecraft3

The above will get you up and running in the default graphics client. If using any of the external clients (D3D9Client for example) you will need to check the development threads for those clients for instructions on configuring to support SC3-based vessels, in addition to the steps above.

Hope this helps!
Regards,

n122vu

**EDIT** By up and running, I mean the scenario loads without a CTD. The included Warp Drive MFD will cause a CTD if you try to use or calibrate it.

Last edited: