the old movie Aliens

Orbiter

Reaction score
hi i recently downloaded an add-on named moebius art gallery :cheers: , and inside i saw an picture of the troops carrier:speakcool: ,i look for it but i cant find it , please advise !:compbash2:

steph

Reaction score
As far as I remember, there was/is a pack of meshes of the Nostromo and other ships from the Alien movies on Orbithangar. Also, somebody was planning to do the dropship from the second movie as well. The mesh was mostly complete when I last checked on the progress. I don't know whether it was finished or not.

tgep

Tutorial Publisher
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
The dropship is/was availible at avsim along with the APC and Sulaco.

If you go to the RTF Project forum you can find my upgrades on it. Not much was was done, just some slight improvements to the animations and a better .ini file with sound support and exhaust / contrails for the SC3 scenarios. I should warn you, You can fly it as an SC3 or as a standard vessel with no animations. See the thread there if you have any questions.

Last edited:

simcosmos

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
simcosmos.planetaclix.pt
hi i recently downloaded an add-on named moebius art gallery :cheers: , and inside i saw an picture of the troops carrier:speakcool: ,i look for it but i cant find it , please advise !:compbash2:

Hello

Only as reference and to answer to the original post:

The mentioned image - available in francisdrake's Moebius Art Gallery addon - showing a UD-4L Utility Dropship approach, as seen from 'something' located in the interior of an atmospheric processor, was made by me (got kind permission from Derrin Proctor + Sean Kennedy to use and adapt their dropship + ATM Proc. 3D models). Side comment: additional details become visible (as well in many other project's 'dark' related images) if adjusting the brightness in any image editor.

Extra information is available in my site’s News Archives or in the Orbiter Section > My Addons + Wip: links to SC site or addons info page available in my forum’s signature / avatar or… by clicking next to directly load the ALIENS Project Entry , from which people can read about the project's history and access the older sub-section, with extended info, images, etc - some of them outdated (sorry) - about ALIEN / ALIENS related components (such as Nostromo, Refinery, Narcissus, Dropship, APC, Sulaco, APC, EEV, Acheron, etc).

Older related post at M6 forums here:

http://orbit.m6.net/Forum/default.aspx?g=posts&t=8361

To keep it short, ALIENS 'SC' project (like other SC works) +/- on hold but not abandoned mostly (beyond other 'real life' issues) due to my focus, in the last months/year(s), on NASA VSE / DIRECT SDLV related 3D models production, which are being primarily used in some other applications other than being transformed in Orbiter addons, which will also happen one day, in a Tuesday it seems (= sorry, no release dates).

António

Last edited:

tgep

Tutorial Publisher
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Thread update

After looking at the stuff I did before and reading the info at SimCosmos site, I have gone back and decided to redo the Sulaco and other vessels.

The new version of the Sulaco ( renamed USS-Tarawa ) will be much more in line with what was originaly intended for the add on. The entire ship has been re-scaled and all those holes in the hull have been fixed by removing some large groups and adding smaller ones. NO DETAIL HAS BEEN LOST !

Since it is intended to work with RTF Fleet ships, it's more like a Colonial Marines ( BSG ) add on but it still retains all the Aliens flavor while adding greater capability above and beyond what was originaly availible.

A new troop transport ( Sarratoga-class ) is in developent to be used in conjunction with this ship and will lauch/land in the foreward most bay area. A combonation Viper/Raptor bay has been added just foreward of the UD-4 Cheyenne drop bay ( which is now large enough to hold 4 of them at once ) and a Colonial-1 type bay has been added just foreward and above THAT. Finaly, you will be able to launch/land ships from a smaller utility bay in the foreward upper mid section.

I have not decided as yet if it will be armed with Jons big missiles. There are still frame clipping issues with the explosions.

Once this ship and the other vessels have been flight tested by volunteers, they will be availible at the RTF forum for all member testing and if things turn out well, eventual public release. It's a group project with other fleet members. That's our plan for now.
:cheers: