Question (thanks to responders) What happened on April, 12th?

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
In a discussion at another forum there had been a suggestion that April, 12th should be proposed for recognition as the International Day of Spaceflight.
Isn't it already? I thought it is. In Poland it's called: "Międzynarodowy Dzień Lotnictwa i Kosmonautyki" - translation: "International Day of Aeronautics and Astronautics".

statickid

CatDog from Deimos
Donator
Reaction score
I too could not think of anything except that is sometime in the spring. I am American, however I did not know that some planes were downed on that particular date. I'm betting that the most likely Americans to know that would have to be: Veterans, History teachers/buffs, and maybe some history students or somebody who knew somebody who was downed. Oh! unless it is reenacted in a video game, but then I think most gamers take the validity of mainstream war video games with grains of salt(I hope). Entirely speculation though on my part. :hmm:

Grover

Saturn V Misfire
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
i agree, had it appeared in the new call of duty, at least one person would have mentioned it here

statickid

CatDog from Deimos
Donator
Reaction score
An undefinable number of "things" happen continually every year from 12:00am to 23:59:59:99999999... on April 12th every year. Some will be remembered more and less fondly by different people around the planet. I see no reason why it couldn't be space day! I want to celebrate space day!!!