Tell us about yourself!

tekinozbek

Reaction score
Hi!

My name is Tekin Ozbek and I live in Istanbul, Turkey. I am a student pilot and a virtual air traffic controler in New York on IVAO. I am also a music student, I play the piano, organ and the harpsichord. Besides that I am really into programming (PHP, Perl, etc).

MinimumWage

Reaction score
Hi!

I'm Mike from Buellton, CA. besides Orbiter I like to fly R/C airplanes and am interested in amateur astronomy / astrophotography. I'm 36 and work in the electronics industry. Looking forward to reading through all the tips and tricks here in the forums!

Mike :)

raftdood

Reaction score
I'm Larry working as an aircraft mechanic in South Korea. Been into Space and astronomy since I was a kid. I used to mess around with MFS until Orbiter came out. Been hooked ever since. Home is Portland Oregon in the US.

:speakcool:

insane_alien

Reaction score
Hey, i'm Stephen.

I was on the old forums under the same nickname as now. First discovered Orbiter about 5 years ago. Stopped playing about with it because of uni(Chemical Engineering) and now that i have 3 project deadlines approaching, naturally I've started playing it religiously again.

I have also become re-addicted as i noticed this morning when I was sitting in a traffic jam and wondered why my lateral RCS thrusters weren't working.

Uni is going fine although it is quite busy just now. I spend about 15 hours a day infront of a computer and i've been awake for 36 hours working pretty solidly on designing a fermentation system for my project but i'll launch a Mercury or Apollo capsule every now and then. XR-2 is amazing.

BioHaZarD

Reaction score
New here

hello im new here ;), haven't even downloaded orbiter yet but i love spaceflight, im a college student majoring in web design and i have some programing abilities, mainly in java, as i just learned it ... lol ... anyway ive also done alot of 3d modeling and have designed a few planes for Microsoft Combat flight simulator, so im interested in seeing how the program works and maybee working on some stuff ;), ive also done a bit of mapping in gtk radiant for quake 3 driven games, etc.

investire

Reaction score
Old passions never die

HI everyone,
back to Orbiter after a few years trying that and other flight sims, namely FlightGear.
I am 42 yo, italian national but living abroad since many many years, and I live between Brussels in Belgium and Paris in France.
I fly regularly for business... as a passenger, and still enjoy it big time. And I do plan to try gliding, even though it is a bit expensive ... may someone of you lives in the area here and can suggest some good school?
While travelling, I occasionally enjoy a good mission on Orbiter or a nice flight on FlightGear, both great programs imho. The last time I used a sim was on a train to Paris ... and in 5 minutes time, I had 4 other passengers + the train ticket controller peeking above my shoulders and asking questions :lol: was too much fun.
See you around/ Investire

B-Valvs

Reaction score
Hello everyone. My name is Brandon, my friends call me B-Valvs. I am a high school student in upstate New York. I fly in FSX and Orbiter. I also use train simulators. I am new to this forum, but I have an account on Simviation Forums (http://www.simviation.com/yabbuploads/simvuserprofile.jpg). I am very involved with SimV and look forward to becoming a part of this forum too.

:hotcool:

Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Hi Brandon, welcome to Orbiter-Forum! :welcome:

flying coffin

Reaction score
Hi, I've been around for a while. I'm actually just testing
a new signature file, so excuse the interruption.

A little about me to stay on topic :) :

*nix sys admin, for a long time.

worked on LRO storage arrays, so my main focus in orbiter right now is
the LRO/LCROSS mission, in conjunction with Brian Jones.

-Chris

ewan

Blind-folded Pilot
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Hello Everyone. I'm a senior high school student from the Virgin Islands, but as of now, I'm living in Georia (USA). I am a graphic designer, a web designer and a java developer. When I'm not on the Orbiter forums, I'm on the British web designer forum (webdesignerforum.co.uk). If anybody needs assistance with website managment or needs a designer, I'm your guy.

NeatPete

Reaction score
Hello Everyone

Hello, my screen name is NeatPete but my real name is Pierce. I live in the City of Lincoln, Nebraska. I am a fan of real science and science fiction. I found Orbiter Sim several years ago and have been playing with it since. From reading the posts on this thread, many people found Orbiter after searching for Microsoft's Space Simulator. I am indicating how old I am but I remember purchasing a copy of MS Space Simulator back in 1993!

I loved that app and thought it was one of the better programs that Microsoft built. Glad to meet all of you and take care.

marvin300

Reaction score
Hi all Orbiter fans!

My name is Marek, I'm 27 and live in Prague (Europe, Czech Republic). Since my childhood I'm fan of MS Flight Simulator and anything that fly. Two years ago I've discovered Orbiter and I'm planing to make some serious progress (less work, more fun! ;-) ), and I look forward to be part of orbiter-forum.

Thanks to you all for creating such wonderful project as Orbiter is, and especially thanks to all add-on writers!

bitblit

Reaction score
I'm a software engineer working on the Orion CEV program. Not the add-on (though I am also working on another CEV add on), but the real vehicle. I have degrees in IT and physics, and worked on the ISS program for 4 years.

Pending approval from my wife, my goal is to build a full size CEV cockpit in my garage. I'm working on a CEV addon that will give me hooks into physical hardware for a cockpit. Thanks to Francis Drake for his source code and a head start.

Orbinaut Pete

ISSU Project Manager
News Reporter
Reaction score
:welcome: to the forum, bitblit!:)

I suspect you are going to be very popular around here, with your actual experience in the ISS & CEV programs!

You have a cool job!:speakcool:

Kyle

Armchair Astronaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
orbithangar.com
Glad to see I'm not the only High Schooler here.
My Name's Kyle I'm from Hillsborough County Florida. Im a Sophomore in High School (well, I just finished my freshman year up with a 3.5 GPA) and talented at obviously science :) and I used to suck at math until I started playing orbiter. I'm from a military family and with hopes to join the US Navy and become a Pilot.