Gaming Subnautica & Subnautica Below Zero

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Just had a 1GB download, is it just me or everyone?

N.

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Same here on Steam, not expecting to pay again.

N.

Xyon

Puts the Fun in Dysfunctional
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Webmaster
GFX Staff
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-radio.co.uk
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Just had a 1GB download, is it just me or everyone?

N.

I'm on the experimental branch, so I got smaller updates, but I did get a fairly large one this cycle. Not sure what's in it.

Interceptor

Reaction score
Hi just reading some Steam comments about early access,and,it seems the development team says you don't have to pay for the final update,but those comments are from 2016.

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
It would be very shady of a game to require you to pay for the final version if you already bought into early access. Typically once you buy early access, you're set for the final version. DLCs end up being extra, and if a game ends up releasing DLC while still in Early Access (see: ARK), people get very mad.

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
it seems the development team says you don't have to pay for the final update

Uhm yes, that's the deal. Like, you literally signed that contract when you bought the game in early access. Literally in a legal sense, anyways.

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
"Attempting a controlled descent!"
What happened before the crash of the Aurora? Why is planet 4546B littered with derelict sea-bases, and signs of explorers long past?

Subnautica has just launched on Steam. To celebrate, we have released a Cinematic Trailer that reveals events on planet 4546B before your arrival. Watch it now on Youtube!

Watch the Cinematic Trailer

We've been blown away by the positive response to the launch of Subnautica on Steam. We could not have built this game without your feedback, critique, and other assistance throughout Early Access.

If you are inclined to give us one last launch push, we ask that you consider sharing the Cinematic Trailer with your friends. You can find the Trailer on these platforms:
• Twitter
• YouTube
• Facebook
If you love us, please mash that like button! Thank you all, and we hope you enjoy the diving!

- Unknown Worlds

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Just finished playing it. Liked it a lot - it's a really good combination of an open-world survival game with a rather nice sci-fi story. And the story is woven into the game unobstructively.

Xyon

Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Webmaster
GFX Staff
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-radio.co.uk
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Just finished playing it. Liked it a lot - it's a really good combination of an open-world survival game with a rather nice sci-fi story. And the story is woven into the game unobstructively.

I find it one of those games I can pick up, relax in for an hour or so, and put down having crept maybe a tiny bit forward in the story. Or, I can go nuts on it and get halfway through the story in a short time - it all depends how you play it, but they weren't afraid of letting you play your own way, which is really rare in modern gaming.

Anroalh12

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I read this post two months ago and I decided to play Subnautica 'cause of the good comments you were making.

This has to be consider one the of greatest survival open world games of all time.

Survival 'formule' is practically the same in any game of that kind. You explore, you craft, you try to live, develop new items/weapons and finish killing monsters which could have annihilated you in the first minute of gameplay. Subnautica is different. It's not perfect, but has a key that no other survival game has.

Subnautica is the best survival game forcing the player to manage all resources avaible. You get the seamoth and swim deeper, but you find new deadly creatures. Then the cyclops and finally the Prawn suit. What makes this game different is OXYGEN. In other games you just walk or run caring only of food, stamina and health. Here you have to care of all them, and O2 too. You can't go almost anywhere whitout oxygen. The deeper you go, more Oxygen you need.
And of course, the horror of swiming in some zones (lost river ;)) and only know the presence of danger because of noise. Too amazing.

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Development Update
We're releasing Subnautica on consoles, and Below Zero development is up to full speed.

Many of you already own Subnautica on Steam. We owe you our thanks. We have never released a game on consoles before. It's a terrifying new world. Without you, we never would have been able to release Subnautica on Xbox or PlayStation.

Those of you who played Subnautica through Steam Early Access, and then throughout launch, provided all the feedback, bug reports, and support that allows us to build a solid game. Without that, console release would have been impossible.

If you'd like to add a console version of Subnautica to your collection, you can grab it now on physical disk or via digital download. Please help us spread the word on Twitter & on Facebook, we hope that console release will offer many people their first opportunity to dive into the Subnautica ocean.

https://unknownworlds.com/subnautica/consoles/

Meanwhile, we are making great progress on Below Zero. Below Zero is a stand-alone expansion to Subnautica, offering a new adventure in a frozen, arctic region of Planet 4546B.

https://unknownworlds.com/subnautica/subnautica-below-zero/

Our plan is to release Below Zero in Early Access as soon as we have a decent few hours of gameplay. We are still not ready to talk dates. Game development is super unpredictable, and if we mentioned a date, we would inevitably disappoint you by missing it.

Even through console launch, we are working hard on Below Zero. We can't wait to welcome you into this frozen seascape.

- Unknown Worlds

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
https://unknownworlds.com/subnautica/below-zero-early-access/

You are invited to a special Subnautica livestream event. Join us on January 30th, 6PM UTC as we premiere the Below Zero Early Access Trailer and launch Early Access on the Steam, Epic, and Discord Stores.
Below Zero is not finished. It is full of bugs. It lacks polish, runs poorly, and is missing features. We are offering Early Access not because we want your money, but because we want your feedback. We make better games when we make them with you.

Xyon

Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Webmaster
GFX Staff
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-radio.co.uk
Preferred Pronouns
she/her

9e9.gif

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Precisely, why can't they be like a lot of games on Steam. Too complicated, too expensive and make you wonder why you are playing it.

N.

Xyon

Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Webmaster
GFX Staff
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-radio.co.uk
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Precisely, why can't they be like a lot of games on Steam. Too complicated, too expensive and make you wonder why you are playing it.

N.

Because they're actually flipping good? Subnautica is my longest-played title in my library I think, and I have thoroughly enjoyed every one of those hours.

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Its better than most. Still playing Planetbase, till they bring out its successor.

N.