SPICE module

Ajaja

Reaction score
Thanks. There is currently no kernels folder in my Orbiter folder. Am I supposed to create it?
Strange. There is must be empty "Kernels" folder in zip above. Maybe it was not unpacked because it's empty? You can create folder, or just change settings in Phoebe.cfg from "Kernel = Kernels\sat252s.bsp" to your own path to *.bsp file, for example "Kernel = C:\Files\sat252s.bsp".

Ajaja

Reaction score
SPICE v0.3 for Orbiter 2010.

Attachments

• spice_v0.4_orbiter2010.zip
    610.5 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:

Wishbone

Clueless developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Tipping hat to Ajaja :tiphat: :cheers:, this is the updated version of his spice.dll (changes done without his permission and oversight, all bugs are mine).
What has been changed - atmosphere loading, Spice returns version 2 instead of 1. The CSPICE toolkit dates back to June 2010.

Attachments

• spice_revisited.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 38
Last edited:

Ajaja

Reaction score
I have made significant changes to the SPICE celestial body module for Orbiter and have decided to publish it on GitHub: https://github.com/Ajaja/spice_orbiter
The main change is the implementation of cubic spline interpolation. Prior to this modification, calculating the positions of celestial bodies on each step consumed approximately 10 times more CPU time compared to the default modules. However, with the new implementation, it now consumes significantly fewer CPU resources even in comparison to the default modules. The sampling interval for interpolation is controlled by the 'Interval' parameter in the *.cfg files, which governs the trade-off between speed and accuracy, similar to how 'SamplingInterval' functioned in the old VSOP87 modules.

Last edited: