Launch News SpaceX Falcon 9 F3 COTS2+ Updates

FADEC

Reaction score
Still, I'm a bit disappointed... I was expecting a live view of the splashdown. :(

Me too.

Lets see what they might broadcast from the ships. But we might get nice photos and recordings later, including a video from inside Dragon during entry :)

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
The recovery ships report they have spotted something.

FADEC

Reaction score
Too bad that we don't get any pictures. I hope this will be different for the first manned splashdown!

Codz

NEA Scout Wrencher
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Him
Hopefully we'll have some footage from them.

Kyle

Armchair Astronaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
orbithangar.com
Congratulations on SpaceX for having a completely successful COTS2+ mission!

River Crab

SpaceX Cheer Captain
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Much less cheering and applause in mission control than I expected. Like...none. But I suppose that's what I'm here for!
cheerplz.gif

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Much less cheering and applause in mission control than I expected. Like...none. But I suppose that's what I'm here for!

Its because of the evil NASA people. They have contaminated SpaceX employees, so now they are dull and joyless. :(

FADEC

Reaction score
Its because of the evil NASA people. They have contaminated SpaceX employees, so now they are dull and joyless. :(

I think this might be different once Dragon will splash down with humans aboard.

What really amazes me is that such a young and "small" company does do all this flawlessly. If you watch them in their mission control room it looks like they do a routine job. Never though that such a company can be that much inspiring :)

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
What really amazes me is that such a young and "small" company does do all this flawlessly. If you watch them in their mission control room it looks like they do a routine job.

Yes, they should have their hands shaking and have their shirts completely wet, despite of the climatizers, while running aimlessly in the room. Its amazing they don't do that.

Seriously, I think they are waiting to know how well the capsule survived the reentry and if the sample inside are in good condition, because information from the landing zone seems to be rather scarce.

Mattyv

Rocket Scientist in Training
Reaction score
Lets party!!:hotcool::banana::banana::banana:

Scav

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Dragon looks a little crispy...

With my luck, I'd build the capsule and it'd survive re-entry only to sink into the deep ocean before I could get to it. :rolleyes:

Not much support for any space programs in my immediate vicinity, but I'm rooting for a completely successful conclusion. We need this, if only for a morale boost.

RisingFury

OBSP developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score

While other people in this thread go through dramatic mood swings, you're the only consistently miserable person in the thread. :lol:

Disclaimer: The above is intended as a joke.

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
While other people in this thread go through dramatic mood swings, you're the only consistently miserable person in the thread.

I take that as a compliment. :tiphat:

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
While other people in this thread go through dramatic mood swings, you're the only consistently miserable person in the thread. :lol:
So I think it's good that I didn't even get noticed. :lol:

NASA:
Discover Magazine - Bad Astronomy: History is made as Dragon splashes down safely in the Pacific!

Universe Today: Dragon’s Ocean Splashdown Caps Historic Opening of New Space Era

RIA Novosti: Dragon Cargo Spacecraft Lands in Pacific Ocean