Spacecraft personifications

orbitingpluto

Orbiteer
Reaction score
Awesome work River Crab:thumbup: A true legend will never die!

Could you tell me what are the feather-like things above the XR2 in the Orbiting Venus pic? They can't be feathers, but there isn't anything else that I can think of that could be those things.

I like the visor on the G42; maybe it could sit above her eyes during reentry and during all other phases it sits on top of her head like a headband. Maybe it moves in between those positions when no one is looking:shifty:. The wings seem to be the hardest part to do, at least to me. Not being able to offer any advice, all I can say is good luck.

I have a nagging feeling I should finish what I started with Gemini and Apollo; I also think that I've been clogging a thread that should be filled with pictures with too much text. I also have a new flight sim to fly and a secret project to work on. I'll hang back on till popular demand kicks in. Or until someone tells me to go finish the other things before coming back here. Either way I'm sitting out for at least a little bit.

River Crab

SpaceX Cheer Captain
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Awesome work River Crab:thumbup: A true legend will never die!
:lol: I'm flattered! Due thanks to Martin, Doug, Steve, and all others who inspired me and made it possible!
(I should probably be saving that speech for something else, though...)
:hmm:
Could you tell me what are the feather-like things above the XR2 in the Orbiting Venus pic? They can't be feathers, but there isn't anything else that I can think of that could be those things.
They are feathers. :) A lot of what I thought about the Ravenstar's character was inspired by Shameimaru Aya, and I realised more and more how similar they were becoming. So, now you have Raven feathers!
defd952e0a8cb803f30533e3f25c03b0.jpg

(A little TL note: in Japanese, 「烏」 [karasu] means both Raven and Crow, they don't have separate names.)
(Double Spoiler is my FS9!)
I like the visor on the G42; maybe it could sit above her eyes during reentry and during all other phases it sits on top of her head like a headband. Maybe it moves in between those positions when no one is looking:shifty:. The wings seem to be the hardest part to do, at least to me. Not being able to offer any advice, all I can say is good luck.
Answered when I was drawing while IRCing with Izack:
Code:
[21:27:36] <Izack> blarg
[21:33:40] * Izack prods RiverCrab
[21:38:23] <Izack> Don't tell me you're asleep already! :O
[21:42:04] <RiverCrab> No, no, just drawing and my monitor automatically darkened.
[21:42:19] <RiverCrab> Wasn't paying attention. :P
[21:44:45] <Izack> Ah.
[21:45:22] <RiverCrab> The drawing is coming along. ;)
[21:46:08] <RiverCrab> Also I have a rough idea of a revised Starliner.
[21:47:11] <RiverCrab> The new texture makes it easier to convert to a human shape.
[21:47:40] <RiverCrab> Although the visor makes a terrible piece of eyewear...
[21:48:03] <RiverCrab> Even as a welding mask.
[21:48:55] <RiverCrab> I doesn't translate as well as those opening nosecones.
[21:49:17] <RiverCrab> I guess some ships are just easier.
[21:49:46] <Izack> You should totally have gar shades instead. :3
[21:51:31] <Izack> Think about it!
[21:51:54] <Izack> Starliner is mostly graceful, but she has to have a little bit of badass.
[21:52:02] <Izack> Look at the author XD
[21:52:16] <RiverCrab> GAR XD
[21:52:23] <Izack> So what better way to add a little touch of badass, than GAR SHADES??
[21:52:57] <RiverCrab> Win. Going on record :D
[22:01:41] <Izack> Are you going to use it? :3
[22:02:27] <RiverCrab> Yep!
[22:03:01] <RiverCrab> Although not soon, probably.
[22:03:26] <RiverCrab> Well...not the next one, but maybe the next next one. :P
[22:03:30] <RiverCrab> And yeah, Guiherme = BA
I have a nagging feeling I should finish what I started with Gemini and Apollo; I also think that I've been clogging a thread that should be filled with pictures with too much text. I also have a new flight sim to fly and a secret project to work on. I'll hang back on till popular demand kicks in. Or until someone tells me to go finish the other things before coming back here. Either way I'm sitting out for at least a little bit.
You mean, I should finish what you started. :p
The drawing is pretty much all up to me, but I enjoy it. :)
Also, whatever that secret project is, you should probably get working on that. Don't want to interfere with other people's secret projects now, do we? ;)

One last note, I think I'll be using the gallery for all my pics from now on, so if you want to see or download any of my pics, go there. (I wouldn't mind some ratings/comments, either ;))
Also, the pic I was drawing on IRC was this. And yeah, it just kind of happened. :p
cheerz:cheers:

orbitingpluto

Orbiteer
Reaction score
For the good of the secret project, I will stop myself from posting more material. :salute:

Though I will warn you that some of the stuff I did for Apollo(both CSM and LM) I was meaning to come back to and revise. I think I got everything I was thinking about with Gemini, so no worries about that at least.

River Crab

SpaceX Cheer Captain
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Use the gallery, it's AWESOME!

(Image is linked, don't click the resize bar! Click the actual image for full size.)

Look, wallpapers! Now that I'm using the gallery, I can use tags like on Pixiv. Yay, this is just what I needed! :hail::probe:
So, to find images tagged as personifications, search the tag "personification". To find images that are wallpapers AND personification, search "personification wallpaper" (tags separated by a space).

If you make one, you can get your image to show up, too, just tag it with "personification". :thumbup:

Cheers! :cheers:

Pyromaniac605

Toast! :D
Reaction score
It's a camera, see? These here are black birds of reconnaissance. ;)
And Aya is faster! :cool:
So it is. :facepalm:

Darren

Edit: I have a few ideas for a Shuttle-tan of my own which I will do when I can make it look good, I'll probably do it by computer I can't do anything good by hand. :lol:

Edit2: Thank you for the warning Postmaster. Now, farewell gentlemen at least you've had a good run Postmaster. *Runs like hell from orbitingpluto*

Edit3: Although you aren't just a Postmaster you are the Postmaster. :lol:

Last edited:

orbitingpluto

Orbiteer
Reaction score
Edit2: Thank you for the warning Postmaster. Now, farewell gentlemen at least you've had a good run Postmaster. *Runs like hell from orbitingpluto*

Edit3: Although you aren't just a Postmaster you are The Postmaster. :lol:

What do you mean 'good run'?

This thread is where I became The Postmaster. I don't really intend to leave it. I'm just being mindful of my commitments elsewhere for the time being. And other peoples commitments to things elsewhere.

Aw :censored:! I'm not going to be able to do anything big here for a while:(.

Pyromaniac605

Toast! :D
Reaction score
By good run I simply mean you have outlasted many of the previous Postmasters, but that is none of your concern...

Darren