OHM Space-X launchers and Dragon spacecraft version 0.

OrbitHangar

Addon Comments
Reaction score
This is my first addon.It package contains 3 launchers : Falcon-1e, Falcon-9, Falcon-9 heavy. Also, I included two satellites into the package. This addon based on Vinka's multistage2.dll module (included). In next version I'll add a Dragon spaceship and a few scenarios with autopilot.All parameters of the launchers was taken from official Space-X site and other reliable sources. For more information see Readme file.

[ame=http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=3318]More...[/ame]

Dogsbd

Reaction score
Website
members.tripod.com
Could this automated add-on search engine (or whatever it is called) be made to grab the add-on creators' name and add it to the post somewhere? Just a suggestion.

Glider

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I've uploaded some screenshots of rockets that you can find in my addon package :
The Dragon will be included in the 0.6 version that I'm going to upload into OrbitHangar at this week's weekend
194379Dragonirendering.jpg

This is an Dragon 3ds max rendered image.
Full-size image link : http://www.ii4.ru/images/194379Dragonirendering.jpg
349202Falcon-9.jpg

Falcon-9 stage separation.
Full-size image link : http://www.ii4.ru/images/349202Falcon-9.jpg
731825Falcon-9%20heavy.jpg

Falcon-9 heavy first stage burning.
full-size : http://www.ii4.ru/viewer.php?id=731825Falcon-9 heavy.jpg
253334Falcon-1.jpg

Falcon-1e first stage flying over Atlantic.
full-size : http://www.ii4.ru/viewer.php?id=253334Falcon-1.jpg

Last edited:

roblin

Reaction score
Holy crap! Excellent detail. Looks really good. Great work. Congratulations on a great start to your new career as orbiter addon-maker.

/rob

MajorTom

Ker-splash!
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Glider,

Beeee-autiful work! Can't wait to try it!

Attention...from here on out, no more F9/Dragon Betas from me...unless Glider requests my contribution to his very well done project.

Cheers!
MT

teago

Reaction score
This looks great, awesome model work!

Dogsbd

Reaction score
Website
members.tripod.com
CTD upon 1st stage burn out. Happens with all, here is the line from the log after the 9H crashed:

>>> ERROR: No vessel class configuration file found for:
>>> ERROR: Stage
>>> [C:\Source\Orbiter\Vessel.cpp / 248]
>>> TERMINATING <<<

computerex

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
CTD upon 1st stage burn out. Happens with all, here is the line from the log after the 9H crashed:

>>> ERROR: No vessel class configuration file found for:
>>> ERROR: Stage
>>> [C:\Source\Orbiter\Vessel.cpp / 248]
>>> TERMINATING <<<

You need to install multistage.dll, from vinka. http://users.swing.be/vinka/

Glider

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
This evening, I've completed all Dragon models.
On image by link below everybody are able to see three Dragon's main parachutes.
http://www.ii4.ru/viewer.php?id=68109Dragon-chutes-1.jpg
(Between parachutes and capsule's z-axis will be 30 degree angle)

Dogsbd, this error happened because I forgot to include all dll's from Vinka's multistage2 package(there was no stage.dll and therefore Orbiter crashed to desktop).You have to download full multistage2 package and install it.In the next version I'll include all dlls.

MajorTom

Ker-splash!
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Hi Glider,

Truly your add-on looks wonderful. I can't get over the fantastic detail of all 9 Merlin-1c's at the base of the Falcon 9. Magnificent.

I had the same error as Dogsbd, but I did have stage.cfg and dll installed. So there's a little more to fix before your next release! In your Falcon 1 and 9 ini files, you call "module=...stage1" but don't have such a module existing. (You do have a "stage1" config file, but it's not enough...there has to be an appropriate dll.) I'd simply remove these "module" lines as they are not needed if you have stage.cfg and stage.dll installed. Vinka's multistage2 will take care of staging and discarded stage behavior with the stage dll.

Also, there was an incorrect module definition for the Falcon 9's satellite payload. Do you have a dll for that? As before, "Module" points to a cfg file, but the CFG file in this case simply refers to a DLL. If you've not got a separate DLL written for your satellite, why not use Vinka's other DLL, spacecraft3? Then you can replace your "module=Space_X_rockets\Satellites\Falcon-9_LEO_satellite" line in your payload section of falcon9 ini file with simply "module=spacecraft\spacecraft3", and write a short ini file for your satellite, and put it in the config\spacecraft directory. That's all you need to do.

See Vinka's spacecraft3 documentation for details!

Thank you,
MT

Glider

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
MajorTom, I hadn't made yet any spacecraft3 config files when I released this addon, so I defined it by the same way as Orbiter's default satellite "Carina"(in Vessels directory).
By the same way I defined the first stages of F1e,F9,F9h.As I know, in multistage2 there is no ability to create separated stage as another multistage2 or spacecraft3 vessel.But I may be incorrect about it.
I've observed that a first stage have too much weight after it separation if there was no "stage_1" config file(nearly 30000kg for Falcon-1e).By that reason I made these config files in which I defined weight of stages and some aerodynamical parameters.

Last edited:

MajorTom

Ker-splash!
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Mysterious mass issue? Hm, I will have to look at that. (Am at work now and have visitors from out of town, so it might be a little while...:))

MajorTom, I hadn't made yet any spacecraft3 config files when I released this addon, so I defined it on the same way as Orbiter's default satellite "Carina"(in Vessels directory).
By the same way I defined the first stages of F1e,F9,F9h.As I know, in multistage2 there is no ability to create separated stage as another multistage2 or spacecraft3 vessel.But I may be incorrect about it.
I've observed that a first stage have too much weight after it separation if there was no "stage_1" config file(nearly 30000kg for Falcon-1e).By that reason I made these config files in which I defined weight of stages and some aerodynamical parameters.

mbartley

Reaction score
I tried removing the Module="...." lines in the [STAGE_1] and [STAGE_2] sections of the .ini files for Falcon 1 and Falcon 9. Everything now works until I type J to separate the payload, which crashes Orbiter.

In the Falcon 9 LEO scenario I was just barely able to launch the Landsat-8 payload into a 200 km orbit. I had only 1.5% fuel left. The payload in that scenario is defined as having a mass of 9450 kg (if I understand the .ini file). The SpaceX web site says Falcon 9 is expected to launch 11290 kg into such an orbit.

I think I flew a reasonable ascent: straight up until vertical speed reached 60 m/s. Pitch over 5 degrees -> 0 AOA gravity turn until Q < 500 Pa -> pitch to keep vertical accelleration zero -> PEG Autopilot in "calculation only" mode after 2nd stage ignition.

MajorTom

Ker-splash!
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Hello All,

Glider and I are working to combine our efforts into one add-on.

mbartley,

The spacex website only just updated its specs for the Falcon 9 within the last 24 hours! So we have to adjust the rocket parameters for the updated info, such as greater thrust, heavier payloads, etc. I was expecting such a change...they did say they were expecting a turbopump improvement that should boost the thrust of the Merlin-1C by 20%...but could not tell if their website included these higher thrust figures or not.

Now we know!

Cheers
MT

nbh

Reaction score
Are there any updates on the dragon spacecraft?

pete.dakota

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
I have a first stage separation CTD on both the 1e and the 9, and I have multistage2.dll full package installed.

I have been trying to get the 9h into orbit, it's VERY hard. You say in the description for the scenario that it uses the same satellite as the 1e scenarion, but I can't seem to find anyway of jettisoning the fairing and releasing the satellite. No 'keys' are mentioned in the readme.

Brilliant detail all around, though. Your modelling as excellent. GOOD WORK :)

Adam

Reaction score
I also had CTD while 1st stage separation I looked through scenarios and ini files and find out that scenarios point to Config/Space-X_lunchers and ini points to Config/Space-X_rockets, I think that easyiest way is to copy Space-X_lunchers and rename it to Space-X_rockets and have bouth folders in config folder
It works for me just fine
Hope that helps
:cheers:

Glider

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Regarding updates.
I've already resized all rockets and Dragon, so they have real size now.(In version 0.5 all rockets was too big)I have also added one new Falcon-1 rocket (with 470 kg payload and short first stage).The parameters of all launchers has been changed to new values (based on the last update by SpaceX).The next version of Falcon-9 and Falcon-9 heavy will work with LC40 and LC41 by Kev Shanow.May be I'll add a new "cold stream" effect to all rockets on their launch places.
Dragon will be made with a simple interior : seven chairs for passengers in the crew variant (or plenty of boxes in the cargo version), three lamps, three windows and two not working displays.:)

I think that I will release the next version at this week's end or during the next week.If anybody want I may post some images of the next version's launchers and Dragon.

Regarding CTD errors.
As Adam wrote, errors will be prevented if you create a new "Space_X_rockets" folder with the same files that exist in "Space-X_launchers" folder.
( You may also change all links to "Space_X_rockets" folder near "Module=" lines into link for "Space-X_launchers" folder)

nbh

Reaction score
Can you show us pictures of the interior of the crew variant, and the cargo variant?